Chapter 2 -.-

Gumball

   What did I just get into? What was I thinking? I've never even been to one of Marshall's parties before and the way he acted all the time I knew they weren't up my alley. I started mixing cake batter rapidly and almost got some on my rose pink apron. I should call it off, I'll regret it if I don't. No! I do not want to look like a toddler. But this is nothing like I have ever done. What if the party was to crazy for me?

   I shook my head and poured the cake batter into the cupcake pan. Each cup had equal amounts of batter and sugar topped on top. "This is crazy." I whispered it to myself and put the pan in the oven. "I'm bound to get hurt, I just know it. What if-" "Hello Prince Gumball, baking again I see. What is it this time?" I immediately closed my mouth and gave Peppermint Maid a weak smile.

  Thank goodness Peppermint didn't hear what I was saying. She'd probably order guards to stay in my room and lock all the windows at night for the rest of my life. "Oh, its, uh..." I cleared my throat to rid of the shock. "It's chocolate cupcakes with strawberry icing on top." "That sounds delicious Gumball. You always make the best cakes." I nodded and started cleaning up the mess I made on the porcelain counter. "Thank you Peppermint. What brings you here?" She sat down on one of the stools by the island-counter and placed her hands on top. "I was just wondering how your break went." "It was wonderful. I got alot of time to myself. I've also got a lot done with the papers. I am sure to do it again tomorrow." Her face brightened and she smiled. "I am glad to hear that. Speaking of wonderful, how is the party planning going. The ball is a mere five days away."

   Party? Oh! The party for this sour candy couples' anniversary. I have started, but with all the meetings, I must've put it on hold. I'm so ashamed of myself right now. I couldn't let Peppermint know that though, she'd probably scold me for forgetting somthing as important as that. "Well the planning is going well. Just need to order a few things is all."

   The red and white candy nodded approvingly and got off the stool. "I'm just happy your not working over time again. I hope you have a good night." In my head I hoped that too, but Peppermint wouldn't know what I ment if I said it out loud. "Good night Peppermint." The timer beeped, so I grabbed a pink oven mitten and opened the stove. I placed white icing over the pale brown cup cakes and placed  them under a container so they could stay good for awhile.

   Once I have showered and put on a knew set of clothes which consisted of dark pink slacks, a pink dressy shirt and some dressy shoes. I sat on the edge of my bed, reading a book, waiting for Marshall Lee to hurry up and get me so I can get this night over with and come back home to get a good nights sleep.

   Yes, I am definitely nervous and the nerves will probably worsen when I get there, but I need to do this. Why do I need to do this again? Just to prove a point to Marshall? I might get kidnapped just because I didn't want to be wrong? Yes, well that's what it looks like.

   A light tapping sounded from my window and I turned to find Marshall grinning like crazy with his bass slung over his shoulder. What was he all happy about? Probably couldn't wait to see me back out. Well I'm not going to. I opened the windows, resulting a gust of wind filling the room for a moment. I shivered and Marshall's grin grew even more. "Nervous much Bubba?" "No, I was just cold is all. Are we going or not?" Marshall was surprised at my sudden rush to leave, but he didn't know I wanted to hurry up and get there then come back.

   Marshall shook his head and gave a small laugh. "You can't go looking like your walking into a business meeting. They wouldn't even let you in." I crossed my arms and gave him a glare. Before I could give him a resonable reply defending my clothes he brushed past me and headed towards my large walk in closet. What does he think he's doing? He can't just come in and go into my personal closet. He should at least ask first, and of course I would've said no.  He flipped around some of my hangers and scrunched his face in consecration.