Chapter 1

Frozen air, burning lungs, fall. The leaves crunched and denigrated under my biker boot. Shots made at me... all from the same directions. I grin touched my lips when I dodged and flying with ease to take cover. Adrenalin in over drive, my ADHD screaming to be let off.  Laughter emerged from the bush. A man's laughter that was very familiar and distinctive, only one man... Jeff AKA my father. I sprawled out of my spot and shot a bullet at him. He ducked with ease and hitting the pavement with his face when he tried to keep hidden by his already uncovered spot. Laughter bubbled up from my throat. I couldn't help it. "That all you got old man?" I said well placing my hands on the back of my head. "Hey give me a break I haven't had time to get used to this forest; we have only been here for four days." He said in his normal low rumble.

 "Ok whatever I still beat you and now we have to get inside. It's getting kind of late and the sun is finally setting." I said with a look at the setting sun and the moon taking the place of the ball of fire.

 "Ok Luke but remember, we have to enroll you tomorrow for junior high." He said well walking back to the now empty Blackwood Mansion.

"Fine." I said with a groan. I hated school! Everyone always wanted to push around the new kid in school and unfortunately that kid just so happens to be me all the time. We walked into the 'house' and headed straight for our rooms. Without a word we drug ourselves to our bed and I almost fell asleep instantly.

            <>   <>  <>

Towering over me with their black hooded cloaks over their full bodies.

Fear... adrenalin.... burning.

Them coming closer and closer made me start to almost break down and hide somewhere safe. But unfortunately for me I was running from them in the pitch black dark in the middle of a field from them. Ten feet of heighted monsters making their way toward me. My insides were burning and not just because of running for so long but because of them. In their presents makes you blood rise in temperature until your body can’t take it and almost fries from the inside out. Their body figures nearing to me more and more, dang since they did they get so fast?!? They grabbed a hold of my jacket and flung me back, scorching me. They flung to me with burning me with marks.

 I flung off my bed and to the floor with a loud thud. My head hurt because of hitting my head on the floor. I stood up with legs wobbly and almost jelly like. I staggered down in my pajamas to the kitchen.

   Looking out the window I see that it is morning than look at the clock and see its now six eight-teen. I took a deep sigh as I see my father walk in the room.

"Luke are you alright?" He questioned.

    "Ya I'm fine." I said well scratching the back of my head.

"Ok and I was about to come and get you to shower but it looks like you up." He said raising his eyebrows.

    "Oh thanks dad." I said and slipped past him and to the bathroom.

Showering off all my problems always help. Forgetting all of my dreams and thoughts with the steam that is all that is left behind.