Original Edition - Chapter 63: Heirs

Zacznij od początku

I sighed as little tears started to pool. It didn't help Evangeline, she just started tearing up as well until we were both a teary-eyed mess.

We laid there and laughed and cried and laughed and cried and laughed and cried until Evan knocked on the door. "Sis, they're almost ready."

"Ok, let me help Char get dressed," she called back. I nodded to her and let her help me slip a loose t-shirt dress on and my favorite pair of Ked's. She carefully hugged me again and nuzzled my cheek. "Tell Andrea I said goodbye."

I teared up some more and nodded. "Tell her yourself when you come to visit."

"Well, then I'll be saying hello, won't I?"

"Exactly," I replied a bit more cheerfully.

We nodded to each other then slowly walked out of my room. It wasn't that bad to walk, but Evangeline was right, shifting would have hurt too much. I sighed and looked up to see Evan waiting in the kitchen. His hair was still wet from a shower but his eyes looked tired.

"Morning Evan."

He turned to me and smiled. "Morning little sisters."

"Ready Evangeline?"

She nodded with a sad smile. "Yes, let's go before I turn into a puddle of tears."

Evan laughed a little but I could see the sadness in his eyes. He walked to me and nudged me a playfully. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," I sighed out as we stepped out of the house.

Evan helped me carefully down the stairs and to the path where Liam was waiting for Evangeline. She jogged to him and jumped into his arms as he pulled her into a kiss. My heart twisted; It made me think of Ethan.

I sighed as Liam set her down and turned to me with a playful smile. "See that you got scratched up pretty good Char?"

"I could say the same for you," I replied as I eyed his bruising cheek.

He chuckled and looked knowingly at Evan. "Your mate throws a mean punch."

I eyed Liam more curiously. "What did you all do last night?"

"What needed to be done," Evan answered as he fist pounded Liam.

Liam nodded. "Beat the alpha out of him, that's what we did."

I raised my brows and looked at Evangeline who was wearing a shit-eating grin. "I'd watch that neck of your's now Char."

I let out an annoyed growl. "If I wasn't hurt I would have your ass, Evangeline."

She just rolled her eyes and laughed with Liam who slipped an arm around her waist, pulling her forward with the rest of us in tow. I groaned a little next to Evan who walked with a watchful eye over me to the valley. Different packs were heading out in various directions, while some of our pack members were sparring in the rings near the forest while other wolves rushed past them to go about their daily business.

I sighed a little. I couldn't stop thinking of Ethan. I remember his scent did smell different this morning. He smelled like himself, but he also smelled more male; there was more power reeking in his scent, more energy still buzzing from where he had slept.

I felt giddy. I could only pray that it was true. That what they were telling me was true. That my male had finally pulled his head out of his ass to be what we all needed him to be.

Lander, Claire, and Levi were waiting in the middle of the field for us. I looked around for Ethan, but caught no sight of him. I was itching to talk to him. Claire rushed to me and nuzzled my cheek. "We're always close by Char."