Chapter 2

"His nose is broke and...... Elena are you even listening to me?" Tamara asked. I blinked and quickly nodded my head.

"Yeah sorry....... I just got a bit distracted."

"But anyways our mom is so pissed off. She grounded him for 3 months. But it's down to one after she found out he was only trying to stand up for a girl. I almost got In Trouble to. Did you get in trouble?"

I shook my head. "I didn't even tell my mom......."

She nodded her head and set down her salad, taking a drink of her apple juice. "They're looking again......."

I glanced over my shoulder to see the lynch table looking at us....... Again. Rydel kissed a boy to her left then got up and started walking over to us. She slid in next to me.

"Uhm you can go now." Rydel said, waving her hand at Tamara. She sent me a look. I shrugged and Tamara got up.

"Why did she have to leave......?"

"So I hear my brother likes you." She said, taking a sip if my lemonade.

"That was my-"

"He's trouble. I wouldn't bother. Leave him to his little slut Perrie. He's already ruined her. No sense in ruining someone like you."

"What do you mean someone like me?" I asked, getting annoyed.

"Well..... Your so innocent. In more then one way. And I think we could be friends.,....." She gave me a bitter smile. "Now if you'll excuse me,"

She got up and went back to her table. I quickly got up and left the lunch room. I was looking down at the floor, trying to get to my locker as quick as I could when I bumped into someone.

"Oh I'm so-" my heart skipped a beat when I saw Riker stand infront of me. He grinned.

"No I'm sorry babe. It was my fault." His hand lingered on my arm.

I bit my lip. "It's fine."

"So I hear my brother likes you?" He questioned, pulling on a curl.

I bit my lip. "That's what everyone's saying........"

"Let me walk you to our next class." He looped an arm around my waist and started leading me to our study hall. We walked in and he took Tyler's normal spot. Rydel walked inside. She handed me a pink envelope, as Riker groaned .

"I'm having a birthday party this weekend. And I want you to come." She said. I opened my mouth to object but she held up a hand. "It would be in your best interest to come. Besides these idiots will be out on football practice since they have a game next week."

I sighed. "Yeah. I'll see if im free."

She grinned. "Super." She walked away and Riker rolled his eyes.

"What are you doing tomorrow after school?" He asked.

"Uhm nothing...... I have to study a bunch for science."

He laughed. "That's cute. How about you and me hang out after school?" I flinched away when he grabbed my hair. "Awwe don't be scared baby. I'm not gonna hurt you."

He leaned in close to my ear as he spoke and his lips traveled down to my neck where he started to kiss me.

I closed my eyes and let it slip for a second when a sharp pain brought me back. "RIKER!" I shoved him back. I lifted my hand to my neck and felt blood.......

The bell rang and I grabbed my bags, quickly jumping up and to the bathroom. I ran inside and to the mirror.

I pulled back my hair to see Riker had left a large purple mark, which was lightly bleeding. "Damn." I muttered. I grabbed a paper towel and pressed it to my neck. It ached but I ignored the pain. There was a soft knock on the door. Riker stepped in.

"Are you ok Elena......?" His roughness had left him for a second and was replaced by something else.

"Why did you......"

"Now everyone will know your mine..... Even my idiot brother Ross." He mumbled, kissing my jaw line.

I backed up. "Yours? No, you can't just mark me. I have no interest in getting caught up In your sick, twisted, messed up family!" I yelled, throwing my paper towel at him and practically running outta the bathroom. I didn't stop till I was at my car. I quickly got in and locked the doors, leaning back in my seat.

I got home and my mom was in the kitchen making dinner. I smiled "mmmm smells great. Whatcha making mom?"

"Uhmmmmm Italian. So how are you adjusting to your new school?"

"Good. I was uhm..... Wondering if I could go to a friends birthday party . And then after maybe have someone over?"

Se smiled. "Honey I would love that! Who's party are you going to?"

"Oh it's no one. Just some kid in my school."

She nodded her head. "Well I have to get to work..... Will you be ok if I leave you here? I won't be back until midnight."

I nodded my head. "Yeh. It's fine. I know exactly how to make Italian......."

"Don't worry. It's just raviolis and breadsticks."

I sighed. "Bye mom."

"Bye hon. Be safe!"

She quickly rushed out the dinner. I grabbed my homework and started to work on it. I finished up dinner and got a plate. Halfway through eating I got a text from an unknown number. I frowned and picked it up.

Look outside ;)

The door bell rang and I jumped.