Chapter Sixteen - Saya Cintamu

Start from the beginning

“Jer, stop it!  Please don’t say things like you were staring at my behind,” Skye said to him.

“Why?  You already know I’m in love with you.  Of course I would be staring at your butt when you go around flaunting it like that.  I already don’t get to reap the benefits of that hot dress.  You wore it for someone else,” he tossed a popcorn kernel and hit her on the forehead.

“Hey!” she picked the popcorn from where it landed on her shirt and tossed it back at him which he easily caught into his palm.  “You were the one who said I had to dress like that.  Boobs and legs, remember?  That was your lesson number 1!”

“I know, but I’m kind of regretting it now.  I was definitely attracted to you.”

“Exactly.  That means I was right.  Guys only like girls who dress provocatively.”

“Skye, I’ve loved you since high school.  I love you  no matter what you look like.  I love you for who you are, you looking extra fine was just the icing on the cake.”

“Jer, I can’t get used to you being so vocal about me and how hot you find me.  It’s kinda squicking me out.”

“Oh really?” he said as one arm sneaked behind her and snaked around her waist, pulling her closer to him.  “I like making you squirm,” he wiggled his eyebrows up and down at her.

“Jer, I’m dating someone,” she gently reminded him.

“So?”

“So?  So you really shouldn’t say things like that.”

“You’re just dating.  He isn’t your boyfriend yet.”

“I just don’t think it’s proper.”

“So if I kiss you right now, it wouldn’t be appropriate.”

“Absolutely.”

“You know me, babe.  I’ve always been a bit of a rebel.”

“Jeremiah Adams, don’t you dare,” she warned and held her book in front of her face.

“Skye, look at me.”

“No.”

“Come on.”

“No.”

He gripped the top of her book and pushed it down, he was much stronger than her and was able to overtake her strength.  He laughed when he saw her eyes were tightly shut, not wanting to drown in his gaze.  He leaned in closer, his breath fanned over her face.  He kissed each eyelid, then the tip of her nose. 

“Sorry, babe, but I’m not a stickler for the rules,” and covered her lips with his.

Skye allowed him to kiss her for a few seconds before coming back to her senses.  She tried to jerk away from him, but he held her nape, holding her in place.  He didn’t deepen the kiss, just kept their lips together.  He allowed himself to enjoy her kiss for a bit longer before letting go.  He turned his face back towards the television and continued eating his popcorn, acting like nothing had just happened. He had waited too long to say he loved her because he was afraid to ruin a wonderful friendship, but now there was no stopping him, now that he’d said it already.  The potential of losing Skye and her friendship forever was much too great now, and he couldn’t have that.  He couldn’t lose her.  And if he had to throw his love for her in her face every chance he got in order for her to get it, then so be it.