one

Josh's P.O.V.

"Josh," Freya, my wife and former girlfriend of six years, called out from our bedroom. "it's happening!" I heard her call of distress from the kitchen and I quickly ran up to the room to see that the bed was wet and she was panting like a dog. she's in labor.

"ok I'll help you." I said as I grabbed my keys from my desk and quickly ran to her side. Freya put one arm around my shoulders as she used me for support and we walked down the stairs slowly.

finally making it to the car, I helped her in a reclined the seat then ran to my side and got in. I pulled out of the driveway of the sidemen house, as we were staying for the week, and made our way to the hospital.

|| at the hospital ||

"breathe in.....and out" I repeated as Freya went through one of her painful contractions. the epidural wasn't helping much as she groaned in pain as another one came along seconds later.

five nurses and a doctor flooded the room as they began to prepared for the delivery of our child. I was handed a scrub outfit and was told to change. I did so and quickly went back to my wife's side as she suffered another contraction.

"she's eight centimeters!" a nurse exclaimed as she looked at the lower regions of my wife.

"then let's get started, Mrs. Bradley are you ready?" the doctor asked as he put two blue gloves on both of his hands.

"yes please, hurry she's killing me." Freya said as she squeezed my hand. she looked up at me and smiled as realization set in with her, we're going to be parents in a few minutes.

"push, come on push. you're doing so good." I said to her as kissed the top of her head not caring if she was sweaty or not.

"almost done just a few more big pushes." the doctor said

-three pushes later-

"one more push, come on baby you can do it." I said to Freya as she pushed on more time.

then I heard it, I heard her cry.

"it's a girl!" the doctor exclaimed as he help Freya push her out.

"would you like to cut the cord sir?" a nurse asked me.

"of course" I said as I followed her around the bed. she handed me the scissors and I cut where she told me to as the surrounding nurses cleaned our child.

I walked back around to see Freya smiling at our child while the nurses let her give a quick kiss before taking her away to clean and weigh her. I leaned down and kissed her. "we're parents" she smiled

"we are almost done I just need you to push a few more times for me ok?" the doctor said

as Freya started to push once more, I noticed she wasn't squeezing my hand as hard as she did a few minutes ago.

"Frey, are you pushing as hard as you can?" I asked her. I noticed her heart monitor was slowing down.

"Doctor, something is wrong" a nurse said as she noticed it too. after the doctor saw, I was quickly ushered out of the room.

as I stood there confused and worried I asked to see my child. one of the many nurses agreed and lead me to a room with all of the newborns.

I walk behind the nurse until we reached a  box. there she was, my little girl.

"Sir, what's her na-"

"Mr. Bradley, we need you." the doctor said as he ran into the room, interrupting the nurse. I quickly followed still confused about Freya.

we finally reached the room and entered. I saw her laying in the bed like normal but more monitors were hooked up to her.

"what's wrong?" I asked

"her heart is failing, the birth was too much for her body to handle. she only has a few minutes left."

I stood there shocked. my wife was dying and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

"Freya, can you hear me?! I love you so much."

her eyes opened as her dry voice spoke her last words.

"I love you too. and name her Charlotte."

her eyes slowly closed and her breathing slowed down. I quickly placed a kiss on her cold lips as I let the tears roll down my face. I held her hand as she died. the room was silent besides the sounds of my sobs that escaped from my mouth.

a few minutes later the doctor came into the room so he could take care of the body. I walked back to the nursery to meet the same nurse as before.

"name her Charlotte Frey" I said to her as her tiny fingers grasped my large one. she had dark hair like me and had Freya's nose and mouth. she was beautiful.

I heard a knock on the glass behind me and turned around to see all of the guys, including the Cal's.

"can I take her out there?" I asked the nurse who kindly agreed.

I carefully picked her up and walked slowly out into the hall way.

"she's so tiny" Simon gasped as he walked up to us.

"she's beautiful Josh" Calfreezy said as he lightly patted my back.

"thanks," I said sadly as I remembered that Freya wasn't here to share this moment with me. she will never be able to hold her or hear her first word.

"do any of you want to hold her?" I asked the guys. Tobi raised his hand and walked over to me. I gently placed her in his arms as he carefully held her.

"what's her name?" Vik asked quietly

"Charlotte" I spoke with tears in my eyes. slowly I dropped to the ground and began to quietly sob into my hands as the guys worriedly huddled around me. Tobi stood back as he held my sleeping child while the guys began to comfort me.

"Josh, man what happened?" Ethan asked

"F-freya died during the birth, she's gone." I said as I continued to cry.

"Josh," Simon said as he began to cry. "I'm so sorry."

"all I have is this beautiful bundle of life that she left me with." I slowly began to recompose my self and stood up. The guys gave me a group hug and we went back over to Tobi to look at my baby girl.

*time skip*

the nurses were kind enough to give me a vacant room to stay in for free for the night as Charlotte would get to come home tomorrow. they rolled her little box/bed into my room as I was settling in. I looked at her tiny, fragile body as she wiggled around in her little blanket.

I lifted her up and sat down in the rocking chair by my bed.

"hey Charlotte, I know that you have no idea what I'm saying." I chuckled as I continued, "how am I supposed to raise a beautiful baby like you?" I stopped as I felt a tear roll down my cheek and off onto the floor. gently, I placed Charlotte into her bed and sat on the edge of the bed as I began to cry more.

the love of my life was gone and there was nothing I could do about it, but I've met my "new" love, Charlotte.

a/n :: hey guys! I hope you like this very crappy first chapter but I've had this idea(along with many others) for a while but I will try to update as often as possible . see you soon loves! xoxo