Surfing the Aftershocks

We just got home from the hospital and it's good news for Spencer. She will be okay. It will take a few months to heal completely, but she's not going to die--which is all that matters to us. I'm worn out. We've been at the hospital for almost a whole 24 hours waiting to hear the results of Spencer's surgery. Now all I want is a shower...
    I get in the shower and boy, do I take my time. Showers help me when I'm feeling stressed, and I don't think I've ever needed one more. The past day has just given us too much to take in. First, Alison is pregnant with Archer's child. Next, her and I have a moment, and so do Hanna and Caleb. Later, Ezra finds Nicole alive, leaving Aria completely blind-sided and anxious. Then, Noel dies and Jenna shoots Spencer, only to find out that she is Mary Drake's second daughter. Jenna and Noel turn out not to be A.D., and then Toby and Yvonne get into a car crash. And finally--as if that weren't enough already-- Jenna gets kidnapped by the real A.D.!
    I can't think about this right now. My brain hurts. I want to calm myself down with a cup of coffee, so I walk into the kitchen wearing my towel and start a cup brewing. I go back into my bedroom and pick out something comfortable--some old Rosewood High Swim Team sweatpants and a concert t-shirt Ali gave me a few years back. I change into my clothes and head into the living room. I lay down on the couch and just try to relax-- if that were even possible. I just stare up towards the white ceiling and watch the fan spin in circles. It makes me dizzy after a while, which is okay because it gives my mind something to do besides worry. I go get my cup of coffee from the kitchen, not caring to wait and put cream or sugar in it. I finish my black coffee, feeling  the tiniest bit more relaxed than I did before, and head back to the bathroom to blow-dry my hair. I'm just getting the hair-dryer plugged in when I hear the doorbell ring. I walk to the front door and swing it open, only to see her scared face looking in at me.