"He's paying for the house?" I ask loudly getting a flood of anger inside me.

"Yes."

"Mom why didn't you ever tell me!" I yell.

"I didn't think it would be something good for you to know, i'm sorry but you don't have to see him, we can-"

"I'll go." I say calming myself down, I have to see him, I can't let him stop paying for the house and let me and mom live on the streets, and as terrible as it sounds, he would let that happen.

She finally pulls up to the side of the school where she was supposed to drop me off, but never responds to the last thing I say. I get out of the car in silence, walking up to the double doors that enter the place I dread most, and my eyes immediately meet Aces. Great. Just the person I didn't want to see.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thank you all for coming to help clean up the school," Mrs Garret, the principle says as we all stand in front of her in a line.

"As you know, lots of people like to litter, or violate school property and you all will be helping me clean the school in exchange for volunteer hours." She says and I hear lots of groans throughout the crowd and I too, am not looking forward to this.

"I will give you a partner, and a room, and you and your partner will go and clean the room until it is spotless." She says and I roll my eyes. I swear if I get with some lame dork that doesn't talk at all, we're gonna have some problems because I like to talk, and two, dorks are dorks for a reason.

"Hailey and Kyle." Mrs Garret says starting to read down the list of people as I wait for my name to be called.

"Justin and Mark."

"Kayla and Tyler."

"Nina and Oscar." I sigh at the point that Nina is taken, and silently pray for someone that i'm actually friends with.

"Ace and Maddie." I look up hearing my name then realize what other name was called. Ace.

Holy fudge.

This can not be happening.

This is literally the worst case to happen.

And just when I was starting to get over him.

okay, that was a lie, I admit it.

Sigh.

"You guys can clean the Cafeteria" Mrs Garret finishes.

I walk forward and so does Ace and I can see the same amount of dread on his face that was on mine. We awkwardly walk together in silence to the janators closet to get the materials we need to clean with.

I grab a broom, and he grabs a bucket with rags in it.

We almost walk out of the room before I realize that the bucket is not yet filled with water.

"You know you have to fill the bucket with water right?" I laugh and he looks in the bucket realizing it, and walking over to the sink filling it up as I sit there with a sheepish smile on my face before i quickly hide it.

We walk to the cafeteria and I begin cleaning and sweeping the floors while he washes all of the tables.

"So how have you been?" He asks breaking the silence, which shocks me but makes me feel all happy inside.

"I've been good I guess, you?"

"Good."

"That's good." I respond as I push a chip into the pile of trash that I had going.

"I asked Rebecca if she ever threatened you with anything." I look up from where I was focused on sweeping.

Crap did she tell Ace about my dad?

"And she said?" I responded a minute late.

"She said no." I sigh in relief and begin sweeping again before he says something else.

"But I could tell she was lying." I look up again and look at him this time.

"You could? How?" I ask.

"She always does something with her hair when she's lying." He laughs and I nod getting back to my sweeping hoping the subject will change.

"Maddie what did she say to you?" He asks and all the memory's come back to me, and just when I was starting to think about something else, the thought of my dad came back into my mind. How he wanted to see me, how he paid for the house and how he was alway abusive. My heart begins beating faster and i suddenly can't breathe very well. I don't want to see my dad, I don't want to because he does not deserve to see me and whatever he says will not change my decision of what I feel about him because right now, all I feel is hate. And that's what I will always feel for him because he made it look so easy, to just leave and never come back until twelve years later.

"Are you crying?" He asks snapping me back into reality. I feel my cheek and notice a wet tear sliding down from my eye. I was crying, and I didn't even notice it till now.

"No i'm fine." I say wiping the tear off of my cheek turning away from him and I hear him getting closer to me.

"No your not what's wrong."

"Nothing." I say walking away from him, sliding down the wall and sitting there trying to make the tears stop coming out of my eyes. I wish Ace didn't have to see me like this.

"Tell me." He says sliding down the wall next to me, and grabs my hand, squeezing it letting me know I can trust him.

I look into his eyes then back at our hands.

Tell him Maddie, tell him about your dad, he will understand.

"Rebecca threatened to tell everyone about my dad." I sigh letting out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

"What about your dad?" He asks.

"He beat me and my mom when I was little, and my mom told him to get out of the house and he left, and didn't come back for twelve years. When she told him to leave, I didn't think he would just leave that easily, he made it seem so easy to walk out on someone that really cared about him. Now he wants to see me again. I just now found out he pays the bills to my house and is threatening to stop paying them, which means we will be living on the streets, unless I visit him." I sigh and he grabs my other hand into his.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this, but may I ask how Rebecca knows?"

"I'm wondering the same thing, I never told her, I never told anyone." I say as another tears slides out of my eye and I feel Aces thumb wipe it away softly.

He stares at me, and I stare back at him for the longest time that feels like hours. My hand remains in his, and his blue eyes are sparkling and the beautiful sight in front of me makes me want to grab him and kiss him. I don't know how much longer I can't take this. I need to be close to him, I have not talked to him in days and I really miss him. I just want to be in his arms and be with him. I can't take this small space between us anymore.

So I do what I never thought I would do, I fill in the gap, placing my lips onto his.