Chapter One

Prologue

                The sky was bright, not a cloud could be seen for miles, it was hot at about 30 degrees Celsius. I felt a bead of sweat drip down my neck. For a day that was so beautiful everything seemed so wrong. I had a lingering feeling that something wasn’t right I could feel it in my bones, it sent shivers down my spine like running a nail filer along my nerve endings. Other people seemed to sense it too. They all looked around nervously like they were waiting, but what were we waiting for? Nobody knew. We were all walking in herds trying to get to our destinations, most of us ignored the feeling that was slowly creeping over us or just shook it off. Though that was possibly the worst thing we could’ve done.

When it started raining fire and buildings were collapsing around us everyone knew it was too late. People were being trapped in rubble and these creatures started to appear from the sky in little zaps of white light, they were beautiful. They were tall and nicely defined, they had perfect skin, no blemishes at all, their faces were the most striking thing of all though, they had a cold beauty, an evil beauty. The contours of their faces were harsh and straight edged, their smiles were frightening as they picked us off the street and sent us in the sky with the white beams they had come from. Their eyes were the most noticeable, they were all a deep purple like a plum, they held no warmth or love, they were cold and hard. They were sinister beings. My eyes were the same colour.

I could hear screams coming from every direction. Millions of thoughts were running through my head like; where were these creatures coming from? Why were they doing this? Why us? Why me? Everything was happening so fast there was nowhere to run, even if there was they are faster. There was nowhere to hide it was like they knew where we were all the time. When the person they were sending into the white beam was gone they quickly began sending another.

I had hidden myself behind a pile of rubble even though I knew they would find me soon. I tried to have optimism and hope they wouldn’t find me, it had worked thus far. All my hope came crumbling down around me when I felt someone grab my arm and lift me up they quickly tied something to my wrist and the last thing I saw before the blinding white light had reached me was a beautiful sinister man with short black hair that was ruffled from the physical exertion, deep purple eyes that were blazing with malice and contempt, and the most sinister evil smile I had seen in my whole life. He was happy to be doing this and it looked as though he hated me, but how could you hate someone you have never met? I was taken away into the blinding white light. My last coherent thought was,

This is the end of the world.