"You are in luck that I am feeling in a good mood today." The bus driver said as she closed the door behind me.

I sat down at the first empty seat I saw when walking in. I got out my phone and began to play some music. My anxiety couldn't take the noise around me. 

I might have been very distracted but the moment I looked up from my seat I could see a semi truck about to hit the school bus. Is this the end? I am about to die.  

The bus driver took a swerve and the next thing I knew  everything went black. 

**

"Hey kiddo. Long time no see? How are you holding up." I open my eyes to come face to  face with the old man, my grandpa. Right in front of me ,a tall slender man in his mid forties, stood in front of me. I have not seen my grandpa in over 13 years.  I was told he died in a plane crash, though he is right in front of me. 

"Grandpa?Am I dead? Are we in the afterlife?"  Grandpa chuckled.

"No, you are just unconscious,  your bus flipped over a couple times. I am just hear to tell you that you are going to have the ride of your life. I am going to tell you a few things you will need to do before I see you again." 

See you again?What does that mean?

"Look, I know you have met with that girl and you have met with that other guy. Right now you need to know that you HAVE to protect her. She has enemies left and right, especially since your friend, what is her name... Anna! Anna was turned by Iris  former fiance." 

Wait what? Turned to what?A spooky googly eye bear? 

"Vampire. Your friend is a vampire and so is Iris." Wait what? This is all new news to me. Vampires do not exist.

"Anyways, Iris needs a lot of protecting, you will be given great abilities to take care  of her. "

He pulled up a chair and looked at me, "First thing you to do, gain her trust." 

In a matter of seconds everything had gone black one again.

___

When I had woken up from my weird dream I was in an ambulance. I could hear the medics talking saying things about my blood pressure and checking if I was conscious by flashing a light in my eye. I looked over to my right to see a large piece of glass was lodged into my arm. For some reason I couldn't feel the pain, no urge to  scream in panic. It felt like a paper cut that didn't really hurt, just stung.

"Don't worry kid, you are gonna be alright. We are almost to the hospital." One of the medics had said as they took the light out of my eyes.

When I got to the hospital the put me under and when I woke up the glass was gone and my arm was covered in a cast. "He was lucky to have survived. Not many did." One nurse had said to what I am amusing is a second person in  the room.

"How many people did survive the crash?"  A slightly familiar female voice had said.

"Well, only four had survived Ava," Ava? where do I know that name.

"Your son was lucky to have survived. I know this will come as a surprise to him the moment he wakes up."

"Well, I know him seeing me is going to be a surprise, but he still can't see me yet. He is not ready." The voice of Ava had said from the other side of the room. I couldn't move my body nor my head to turn and see who this Ava person is. I was only able to see who was in front of me, and that was the nurse. 

"I am going to clock out, I already finished the reports. Besides is Doctor Herman's shift now." After saying those few words, I could hear the door shut. 

It took a few minuets before I was able to let out a sound. I tried to get up, but as soon as I was able to the nurse rushed to my side. "Easy now," She said with caution,"You have been out for a few days. I'll go get doctor Herman and let her know that you are awake now."  Before the nurse had left the room she helped me elevate my body.

I wasn't sure what was going on. Nothing had hurt, well except for the throbbing head ache. I wasn't sure what had happen, but from what I heard, I was in a car crash of some sort.  I looked over to my side and saw small teddy bear with a card and flowers. I picked up the card and it said; 

                                      Dinner boy,

I heard about the accident, it broke me to shreds.  I  thought I had lost you there for a while. 

I have visited you every day once they had allowed visitors.

I really hope  you recover soon. 

Oh and Anna was the one who helped picked out the flowers. She said that hyenas are your favorite.

Get well soon :) 

                                                love,

                                                          Iris<3

"All Mr. Raymond  Hernandez?" The doctor walked into the room and then stood right in front of me. 

I nodded as she smiled and then proceeded to read my charts, "Says right here that you were in a bus wreak. You had glass lodged into your  arm and foot.  You also have been in a coma for about 10 days. Fastest recovering patient compared to the other 3 that have survived." She walked closer to  me to check the machine next to me. 

"Your vitals are okay, boy are you lucky to have survived," turning to me and then walking back to the computer she walked inside my room with ,"well lets see how you do for the next couple of days and hopefully soon we can let you go home." 

Alright well this is just great.

____

It took a couple of days before I was able to head back home. They had put me on bed rest, but of course I didn't stay in bed. Once I was cleared to go back to school everything felt different. It was like I was being glared at for being the fastest to recover from that bus tragedy.  Still The 3 remaining survivors are  still in Intensive care.  "Hey buddy, glad you are back in school. Its been crazy without you here." 

I jumped a little as the one person I knew who would sneak up on me sneaked up on me. Anna moved from right next to me to right in front of me. As soon as I came face to face with her, the words my grandpa had said to me in that dream about her being a vampire popped up in my head.

A vision of her opening her mouth wide, biting down on someones neck, blood dripping down her lips and to her neck. Eyes bright red and skin pale as the white on a whiteboard. 

"Earth to Ray? Hey Ray! ARE YOU THERE!" 

Shaking my head out of thought, Anna stood right in front of me, "Are you okay?" 

Nodding I replied," Yeah. Yeah I am fine. Hey have you seen Iris?"

Anna looked down and then back at me," She has been out of town for a few weeks now. That's why she and I got you the bear. She didn't know how long it would be before she would come back. Don't worry though. She is fine."

The bell for homeroom had rang. Trying to remember the class I had Anna pulled my arm  directing me to homeroom. For some reason her grasp seemed a bit tighter that it was before.

"Come on lets go class is starting."