[Chapter Seventy-One] Where They Marry Their Best Friend

Start from the beginning

"Oh Bailey, what's wrong?" Nia asked when I couldn't control myself. My nose sniffled as I unsuccessfully wiped at my eyes.

"I'm just so happy for you." There's been so much negativity in my life and it was just that finally I could see it ending. Nia was an amazing person and I loved her so much; she was my best friend now and I knew Lacey would approve of my choice. Then there was Lucca, also an incredible and loving person. Both of them bared their hearts to those who deserved to see it. They had thick skin from being models or actors; but we knew who they really were.

Their love, hearts and personality matched each other. This was sudden as well as a shock; but I'm as happy for them as I am for Julian and I. Seeing that Lucca came from where we did. He suffered through multiple relapses and still found the fight to keep going; he could see a clean liffe for himself. Now he's about to have a wife who will love him unconditionally and a beautiful child that will never feel unloved a day in their life.

This was perfect for them and this dress was incredible on her. She could wear anything and be the most beautiful thing in the world. She could wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants today and Lucca will still look at her like she holds the stars and the moon; like she's the center of his universe.

How did we not see that sooner? We had a quick minute to fix my makeup after a tearful word with Nia, but then we were rushing so we wouldn't be late for her own wedding.

I walked down first; Julian's eyes completely on me. There were no flowers, flower girls or ring bearers. Valentia followed after me and her boyfriends' eyes were on her. Then it was time for Nia. I was with her when she picked her dress and with her all morning, so when all eyes turned to the bride; I looked at the groom.

His face was something I hoped one of the photographers caught on camera. As soon as he saw her you could tell he saw his entire future. One hand moved from it's place at his lap and he covered his eyes. His tears were real and he couldn't control the emotion he felt as she walked barefoot down the aisle. He was a truly lucky man; the only man who ever had a chance with her. Knowing she was carrying such a precious life in her stomach made the moment even more magical.

She took his hands when she reached him and the man officiating the ceremony began. From my side I couldn't see her face, but I could see his and could tell they were making funny faces at each other as the man talked.

The smile she brought to his face and the joy she brought to his life was clear and it was reciprocated.

"Do you, Sonia Donati take Lucca Costantini to be your wedded husband? To love and cherish through the good times and the bad, through sickness and health, through joy and sorrow until death parts you?"

"I do." Her voice was choked up and you could tell without seeing her directly that she was crying. She slowly slid a ring on his left hand and brought it to her lips to kiss it.

"And do you, Lucca Costantini take Sonia Donati to be your wedded wife? To love and cherish through the good times and the bad, through sickness and health, through joy and sorrow until death parts you?"

"I do." He slid the second ring on her finger and pushed her hair out of her face. His eyes started up again to. The feelings we all had were overwhelming.

"The I am honored to pronounce you man and wife; Lucca kiss your bride." He didn't go for over the top; he wrapped one arm around her waist and the other carefully grabbed the back of her neck and he pulled her close. We clapped and we cheered as they kept going, not wanting to break this moment and no one pushed for that. When they did part she kissed his lips one last brief time before they walked back down the aisle. Julian grabbed my hand and we walked behind them; Drew and Valentia behind us.