" Really? He's so sweet."

" Yeah."

" Okay, I'll let you get back to your movie."

I really appreciate my mom, she has the hardest job in the world, yet, she still comes home with the biggest smile on her face. No matter what happens she will always be there for me. I love her.

************************************************************************************************************

I hear the sound of my phone, singing a tone. I realize that I got a Text message. I push my self off the couch and slump over to the coffee table where i placed it. I pick it up and flip it open. It read

                                                                             5:12

                                                                  TEXT MESSAGE

                                                                    From: DANIEL

                                                                   READ     CLOSE

I press read and find this. . . .

LEO DUDE U GOTTA COME TO THE BASKETBALL COURT OUTSIDE OF OUR SCHOOL! NOW!

                  REPLY             FORWARD            MOVE TO FOLDER                    DELETE

I didn't know what that meant but I wasn't going to wait and ask why. I slammed my phone back on the coffee table almost breaking the glass leaving a ringing sound through out the house

" Leo? Are you Oka-" 

" I'm going back to school Mom, Bye!"

SLAM! I almost throw the door off it's hinges and Sprint to school.

****************************************************************************************************

By the time I can see the big American flag waving in the sky i'm at a slow, sloppy jog. Huffing and puffing my way there. I'm making my way to the back of the school where the basketball courts are

"DANNY! what's wrong?"

. . . . No answer

"Danny?"

I now hear a muffled "HELP."

I'm rounding the corner to the basketball courts and a big, beffy and recognizable arm reaches out in my face. My nose collides with the hard surface and I fall on my back hitting my head on the rock hard concrete. I immediately reach for my nose which is oozing out deep red blood onto my palm and through my finger tips. 

After I wipe off all of the blood with my shirt sleve, I look up to find Derack holding Danny in a lethal head-lock. His two buddies standing beside him with their arms crossed, while having a crooked smile across all of their faces.

" Why'd ya do it eh'? Derack sneered.

" What are you talking about!?" I whimpered while spitting out blood staining the sidewalk.

" You tattled on us to the principal!"

" NO! He asked he my shirt was dirty, so I told him!"

" Same thing!" Derack barked as he shoved Danny out on the street while Nado and Jack walked toward him, cracking their bruised knuckles.

" Get your hands off my friend!" I bellowed shooting back up and tackeling one of them, and kicking the other one in the gut. Nado grabbed my arms and put me in a "Full Nelson." I tried getting out of his grip but it was no use.

Derack walked up to me rolling up his longsleve shirt, flexing his abnormally large biceps. 

" I think your shirts a little dirty, let me help you get out of it." He pulled it off and threw it into a puddle thirty feet away. 

Then he spins around laying one on my stomach, making me vomit the lunch I did eat. Danny immediately gets up and kicks Derack's but, literally. Although, Jack lifts him up and throws him back out on to the road.

Danny looks up at me and sees my vein is popping out again. He grins and nods his head.

Once that happened I screamed those three words. The three most ancient words you will ever hear of. The three words that always will show my destiny. So it begins here.

" THIS IS SPARTA!"