****

"Of course he would have a castle built inside a volcano," Ray said to himself, running through one of the castle hallways. He couldn't even remember the floor number because the place came apart so. His whole body ached fiercely. He could no longer feel his left arm, which he held up with the Teketsu's strap. Even though numbing pain gripped him all over, he knew he couldn't stop; he had to get out somehow.

He finally reached the end of what may have been the fifth floor hallway to find the stairwell gone. He sensed something coming and pressed against the wall as another column of magma, rock, and gas gushed past to escape the mountain. Had it not been for the magic from the sheathed Teketsu and Ray's manipulation of the wind, he would no doubt be dead from the poisonous gas within Mt. Fury.

I don't have the strength to jump a few floors anymore, Ray thought. So, this is how it ends...

His body completely succumbed to its weakness. It was now physically impossible for him to go any further, or to keep up with his will to live. Now, only preparation for the next journey filled his mind.

Well, he thought, at least I'm free now. Falcon... Jerry... John... Yin... Yang... Uncle... Kayla- I'm sorry I won't be able to make it back...

He slumped against the wall and sat, completely burned out. Ray closed his eyes and awaited his impending doom when he heard the voices of all his loved ones. They all gave him warm words of encouragement, such as, "Don't give up, Ray!" "We're right here with you!" "It will be okay." "Stay with us!" The loudest of all had been Yang, saying:

"Ray, open your eyes- come on!"

Ray opened his eyes to actually find Yang, on Falcon's back, extending his hand to him. Falcon released an excited yelp at seeing him awake.

"Falcon- Yang," Ray began.

"Come on, pal," said Yang. "Everyone's waiting."

Ray took Yang's hand and gathered the strength to climb atop Falcon's back. He rubbed him on the head and said:

"Let's go, Falcon!"

****

Jerry, John, and Yin exited Dark Valley and sought refuge on the overlooking, surrounding hills. The eruption worsened by the second and they could only watch as the ticking time bomb spit out more fire and smoke. Yet, as frightening as an erupting volcano can be, an heir of beauty surrounded the natural disaster.

"Yang... hurry..." Yin said, under her breath.

Jerry paced about, worried. "What's taking so long?" he asked. No sooner than the words materialized, Mt. Fury exploded.

The loudest explosion the Celestials had ever heard, and one which felt as destructive as it looked, had been accompanied by a blinding flash of light. A major earthquake rumbled all around Dark Valley and a cloud of smoke and burning ash plowed through. All of the effects from Mt. Fury's explosion only lasted for a moment and- where all of Dark Valley once stood- only a barren wasteland remained.

The Celestials made their way to what was the entrance to Dark Valley and searched for any sign of their friends through the dust. Two silhouettes formed through the dust and, soon, Falcon emerged. Yang walked beside him and Ray sat on his back. Both Ray and Yang gave Jerry and the others smiles, signifying all had been well; all the other Celestials ran over to meet them, excitedly.

"Is it done? Is it finally over?" Yin asked, impatiently.

Ray nodded, saying: "It's done; you are free."

Everyone cheered, full-heartedly, and congratulated Ray on his victory. Overjoyed by the news of their freedom, Yin and Yang embraced one another as they bounced around. Of course, they realized what they were doing and immediately let go of one another, both blushing. Ray laughed and hopped off of Falcon's back.

"Your arm," John said, noticing his injury. The remaining friends silenced their joy right away in concern for Ray. "Ren must have really put you through it."

"Yeah," Ray said. "But don't let this get you all down- it's a small sacrifice for a greater good."

"Then let me help you," said John. He drew out his wand, pointed it at Ray's arm, and said: "Regenero!"

In less than a second, the bruises on Ray's arm vanished and he regained all feeling in it. He removed his arm from underneath the Teketsu's strap and rotated and flexed it.

"Thank you, John," he told the magician, with a pat on the back.

"It's the least I could do," John replied. "You saved us all."

"No- we did it!" Ray corrected. "I couldn't have made it without you, and I thank God for all of you."

"Well, don't keep us waiting," Yang interrupted. "Come on- give us all the details!"

"Alright," Ray said. "I'll tell you all about it on the way home."

He hopped back onto Falcon's back, Jerry and John mounted their flying horses, and they took to the sky. Yin and Yang used their elements to hover and follow closely, as before, and Ray began to tell the story of all he experienced.

****

"So all this time Ren had been using poor Pterrol," said John, after Ray's conclusion. "I can't help but feel sorry for the little guy."

"Me too," Jerry said. "Oblivion isn't punishment enough for Ren."

Yang interrupted with, "I'm curious- since Ren's pure evil now that means he wasn't destroyed by the flames of the Abyss. So then, are we truly safe? What's to stop him from cursing us again, or escaping?"

"Oblivion is a magical prison completely sealed off from Earth," Ray explained. "The moment the portal closed, all of Ren's magic ceased, as though it never existed. And since the power of the Teketsu sealed him away in there, he can't escape nor free himself with the chant."

"Impressive," said John. "So, how does it feel to finally be free?"

"And with four days to spare!" Jerry added.

Ray looked to the horizon and thought. "Honestly, I don't know. I'm glad he's gone and we succeeded, but now what? I've spent five years of my life for this one moment and, now, it kind of feels empty."

"I understand," said John.

"But now I have a new purpose in life," Ray said.

"Your vow," said Yang. "To destroy Darkness and the Darkside- can you do it?"

Ray smiled and said, "Of course. I don't know how long it will take but, with you all by my side, I have no doubt about that!"

After a few minutes of silence, Jerry shouted out: "We're home!"

Central Kingdom seemed to shine as the Celestials approached. A thunderous round of applause filled the atmosphere when they arrived. The citizens of Central Kingdom, the soldiers included, stood on either side of the main road to welcome their heroes. Ray and the others landed and walked between the parted sea of cheerers. As the adults celebrated, children played with the heads and claws of the deceased demons. Ray laughed inside and continued to steer Falcon towards the castle. There, they received an even greater reception.