Chapter 5 We're Getting The Hang Of This

Start from the beginning

*

Claire made her way to kitchen, spotting Karen at the table already prepared with breakfast ordered from room service. "Smells good ", Claire said as she steps closer to sister.
Karen chuckles softly.
"Well it better be, I didn't yell at room service for something",she jokes.
Claire let out a laugh,as she sat down at her seat.
"Food looks good Karen!" A cried was heard behind them. Claire smiles to herself knowing full well who's voice was that. She felt his touch on her shoulder as he grabbed the seat beside her. He gave her wink , Claire chuckles.
"Where did you come from ?" Karen ask him. Owen shrugs.
"I'm anywhere where there food involved ,"he said , grabbing a pancake .
Karen rolls her eyes as she sat herself down.
"Boys breakfast is ready!" , She calls out.  The boys' heads pop out as soon Karen cried ,making their way to the kitchen. Gray rubs his tired eyes with Zach behind stretching his tired arms. "Morning everyone ", Zach yawn as grab a seat on the left side of his mother, while Gray got on the right.
"Where's dad?" Gary ask.
Karen shifts in her seat. "Um Gray", she said in motherly tone. "You're father ", she pause for a
moments, unsure how explain to her youngest son. She pressed her lips firmly forcing a smile
"Went somewhere ", she lied through her teeth. A confuse look appeared on Gray's face. "Will he come back ", he ask innocently. Karen open her moth but nothing would come. "Um." Was all could she can say.
"Don't worry Gray", Owen step in, using a cheerful tone of voice to lighten up the mood. "Your father will come, but in the meantime you need to eat your breakfast."
Gray nods his head as begins eating his meal. Karen let out a heavy sigh .
She whispers Owen a thank you and went back to eat her breakfast.
Once that awkward moment was dealt with breakfast was same like every other day. Everyone said what's on their mind had a couple laughs. And like every other time they clean up in end. Everyone cleaned after themselves once they were done. The boys decided to head back to their room to play some videogames. Owen tag along , leaving the Dearing sisters behind .
Karen sat her seat looking out of the window. " Karen ", Claire spoke slowly as she grab a seat beside Karen.
Something was wrong. There were a lot more to this "Scott Business" that Claire didn't know about .
"Where Scott?"
Karen breathe hitched. She Look over at her sister with tears in her eyes. "He left",  she confuses. "He told me ,'why do you still care about what I do if we're no long together ?'
She started crying. "I yelled that him , and just like that he ran away." 
Claire huge her crying sister. "Is ok Karen,"she whispered. Karen sniff back a tear. "I'm sorry ", she breathe "I'm sorry you have to see me like this", Karen spoke softly, still crying from the heartbreak.
Claire wipe a tear off Karen's face.
"Is alright Karen," she softly whisper . They stayed like for a while with a heartbroken Karen crying in Claire's arms.

*

15 minutes have passed, Karen was no longer crying,but was breathing heavily. "All better now?" Claire ask. Karen nods as she pulls away from her sister. "Ya" , Karen answer as she moved away from her sister. She let herself breathe for a moment. "Sorry again Claire for that ," she said wiping the the dry up tears on her face. Claire shook her head. . "I just need get Scott out of my head", Karen said.
Claire face lit up, jumping out of her seat. "I got a idea!"She cheer .
"I should set you up for a blind date, that way you can get your mind off Scott and fine someone completely better for you ."
Karen chuckles softly at her little sister. "A blind date? What is this some kind of rom-com?"
Claire rolls her eyes. "Come on Karen I think it's best for you, plus your did so much for me let me repay you."
Karen sighs. "Alright I'll do it," she said as she got up. "But I want you to watch Gray and Zach while I'm gone," Karen told her stirringly. Claire nods in agreement. "Trust me Karen I will not make that mistake again."

*

"A blind date?" Owen chuckles at he sat on the edge of the bed while Claire frankly pace around the room.
Claire roll her eyes. "I know it's silly."
"It's not silly,"he interrupted. "It's clever , kinda make me wish our date was a blind date that way the whole board shorts thing wouldn't be a big deal ." Claire scoff. "It'll still would have been a big deal."
Owen shrugs and giving her a wink. "Anyway", Claire said. " I told her I would set her up, but I honestly don't know a whole lot of people, so that why I brought you here."
Owen nods in understand meant. He stood up from his seat ,pulling out his phone. "I think I know the perfect guy." He said winking at her as he made his call.
"Barry," he call "Hey it's Owen , I have a favor I would like to ask,hope that's not a bother?"
He was on the phone for a bit, not saying anything, just listening and mentally making notes. Claire waited until he hung up to ask him . He placed his phone back into his pocket and turned to Claire in a huff. "So?" She nervously ask. Owen smile grew big, "It's a date", he answered. Claire cheer, she couldn't handle the excitement and leap into his arms . Owen try to catch her , but lost balance falling backwards , and landing on her bed. They laugh, with one of the others ' arms around each other. Claire head lay on top of Owen 's chest, hearing his snoozing heartbeat. Gosh she loves his heartbeat . Listening to it for some reason relax her down. She hums, listening to beating drums. She heard Owen chuckles softly as his fingers play with her hair.
"We should talk about our date as well." She heard him say. She look over at him confused with his remark. "What are you talking about "
A smirk appear on Owen's face.
"You don't remember ? Wow Claire,that's very irresponsible of you." He teased,flashing her a smile. She playfully smack his arm, causing Owen to chuckles. "Yesterday after we um you know, I ask you if you would like it if we turn it into a regular thing, you said yes."
Owen explained to Claire. Her eyes widen as she remember when he asked her that.
"Oh my gosh your right," Claire realized. She cover her face with her hands due to embarrassment.
"I can't believe I forgot about that."
Owen shook his head. "It's alright don't stress about." He told her. Claire moved her hands away from her face ,giving Owen a weak smile. "It was only a suggestion ,we can go on a date whenever you like I don't care ,I just want to be with you." He emitted.
Claire felt her heart flutter,cheek burning red at his response.
She didn't knew what took over her, she crashed her lips onto Owen's , he made a surprise squeak but later returning the kiss.
Claire backs away before the kiss deepen, Owen gave a confused huff. It was not that she didn't want it ,heck she carved it more than anything.
But judging from the other times when a passionate kiss happen it leads to something less innocent. There was so many things she need it , she didn't want to lose track because of Owen.
"I need to tell Karen about the date ,before I forget." Claire told Owen as she gets off the bed making her way to the door. "Claire." He called out for her. She looked over at him, still on the bed. He gave her smirk.
"Maybe we can finish that kiss?"
Owen flirts, Claire softly blush.
"We'll see," she bites her lip, before the room.
Owen smiles to himself
she was gonna be the end him

*

Author Note:
There is so many things I need to discuss
First, I'm sorry this chapter took so long, it became harder to write then I thought. I honestly not pleased how this came out but I didn't want waste anymore time,so I can start working on the next chapter.
Also please check out my newest fan fiction
Red & Smartass
A 1960s high school Clawen au

Thanks you &please show your support by commenting &voting