[Chapter Seventy] Where Life Keeps Changing

Start from the beginning

"The wedding or the honeymoon." Someone really had to bring that up? No one ever bothered them about the intimate details of their lives and conversations are going to be had about that. She was humiliated by some of the things they said.

There were times for it; I'm not saying that there aren't, but this is closer to bullying than light humor.

"Shut it Lucca." Nia smacked him and he smiled at her. They had been acting odd lately. They never argued anymore; which was as relieving as it was strange. But I would need her help with this shit; Nia would defend her as fiercely as I would. If i'm being honest with myself; I'm a crap boyfriend and fiance for not doing it sooner.

"Is everyone able to make it to Marissa's birthday this weekend?" Thank god that someone could change the subject. Marissa was already going to be a year old; time was flying by too fast. Soon Cameron would be turning two and Micah was already three.

"This weekend is that camping trip." Mia wasn't going to be there.

"Well we will be there. Melina would have to miss it." You could tell she was torn, but it's just a first birthday; it's not like Marissa is going to be offended that Mia wouldn't be able to make the party.

"We'll be there." Fredrick would be turning one in two months too. These kids were getting too big! Seeing all of them made me want to start a family too; one day we would.

"She's almost a year, uh oh, baby number three must be coming soon." Kenna smiled but shook her head. Oh I had no doubt that Carter was right. Kenna wanted at least five kids. She had an older brother who died and she always wanted her kids to have a bunch of siblings; like she never got to have.Drew wasn't as keen on the idea as Kenna was.

Not that he would tell any of the girls that. He's stressed as it is with two. He's gone a lot with practices and games; he doesn't want Kenna having to take care of five of them when he's not always around.

You know you're at a very adult level when your bets start going to who's going to have kids next.

It was a toss up between Monica and Bailey. Now I truly felt horrible; Bailey was so embarassed and when she tried to tell them no they teased her about it. So we were stuck somewhere between real adults and children.

Thankfully Nia was able to come to her rescue again; though it made me a little uncomfortable. Better me than her though; i could take it.

"Do you see Julian with kids? No? Didn't think so, because he's smart enough to make responsible decisions. Stop being assholes and leave her alone." We were also talking about her being protected from her end; talking with the doctor about the right birth control method for her. That was her decision and she would start it when she felt she needed to.

"Plus, all of you guessed wrong anyways." Lucca's words drew us all in instantly.

"Excuse me?" Bailey's voice was cutely high and she got the most adorable look on her face when she looked at him. My eyes were too focused on her to process what Lucca was saying.

"You're seriously going to be having a baby?" Kylie cringed when she came across as rude and Lucca's smile fell a little bit. It wasn't that we weren't happy for him; we were just shocked.

"Uh no, I'm a guy; I can't get pregnant." Sarcasm wasn't a positive sign in this case.

"Smart ass; you know what we mean. Congratulation; you're having a baby!" Bailey stood up to go give him a hug; she was always the first to get over the shock and congratulate people. Who the fuck was the mother?

"Thank you." Bailey was genuine and brought positivity back to his personality.

"You're about to have a tiny human; that's amazing. We are all happy for you Lucca; right?" He was standing now and had his arm causually drapped around her shoulder; her arm wrapped around his waist. They looked cosey, it shocked me a little bit when I realized that it no longer bothered me. She chose me, not him; now he was about to be a father.