Chapter Twenty One - Finally

Începe de la început

"Shh.." I brought my finger to my lips to tell them not to make another noise.

I could feel Lucas before I saw him, his giant wolf growling as he noticed the small amount of wolves around me.

"Lucas." I sighed and quickly ran to his side. "We need help. My dad sent us onto your land, he wants us dead."

He growled lowly and then gestured for us to follow him. "Come on."

"You trust him?" Tristan asked his eyebrows rising.

Nodding I spoke, "More than anyone. He won't hurt you, I promise."

Tristan exchanged looks with the others who were scared but they all gave me a look of blind faith, at least befriending them before this gained me some trust to save their lives.

Lucas nudge my arm in alarm and I turned to my omegas, "Come on, we don't have time. Those who want to live come with us or stay and be found out by the rest of his pack."

Lucas led us out of the territory to our spot which is where he returned to his human form. "What's happening?" He caressed my face before deciding that I wasn't hurt and wrapping me in his arms.

"My dad sent us out as the front line, he was going to fight your pack but I took off running and my father stayed on our pack land."

"Coward." Lucas growled and I smiled.

"I have to leave." I whispered, his grip tightening on my waist when I looked up into his face. "I have to save them, Lucas. We can't go back."

"Join my pack." Lucas pleaded.

Shaking my head I looked into his eyes, "I can't. We'd be too close to them." I scrunched my nose to show my distaste

"I'll come with you." I grabbed my hands and I looked at him, tears in my eyes. "Please don't." His whispered knowing what I was doing.

"I love you Lukey."

"No. I refuse to let you leave me. I'm going with you guys."

Looking at our entwined hands I sucked in my upper lip, "You have a pack, Luke they depend on you. What about your family? What about Miranda?"

"I choose you." He shook his head, "We talked about this, I'd choose you over everyone else. Over everything else. I love you Rosie, don't push me away."

"If you're sure." I smiled, a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I didn't want to say goodbye to him again, I was glad he fought me on this one.

"More than anything." He kissed my forehead and grinned, "Give me an hour to get my stuff from the house that we can take with us. Okay?"

"Sure." I smiled.

All the omegas looked between where I was and where Lucas had just sprinted off to, surprise and confusion on their faces.

"So you guys are like a thing?" Marta, a fellow female omega asked. I nodded and judged all the reactions on their faces.

"He's my mate." I whispered. Their faces seemed to soften at this news, two lovers that were forced apart by a deep feud that was centuries old. Mates that couldn't be together, until now. "We're going away, I hope that's okay with everyone."

"More than okay, Alpha." Damien nodded, bowing as he did. "We all get to start over, hopefully not as Omegas?"

I grinned. "Definitely not Omegas.

Everyone was still on edge as we waited for Lucas' return. He was coming back, wasn't he?

Twenty minutes after an hour the leaves started to swirl around us as a gust of wind hit our faces.

"He's not coming." Damien crossed his arms over his chest as he glared into the trees.

"He'll be here." I assured him even though I also doubted if Lucas was actually coming. But I couldn't allow myself to think those kind of thoughts. He was all I had left.

Another hour went by and Lucas still hadn't shown up causing my stomach to knot in my stomach. He really wasn't coming. Not that I blamed him, if I had a family that loved me I wouldn't want to leave either.

"Rosie." His deep voice sent relief through me. Nothing was as good as hearing his voice after hours of waiting, when I was afraid that he'd left me for good. "I'm sorry, I had to take the GPS out of the car and it got stuck." He shook his head as he took my hand quickly, "Anyway, we're all good now. Come on."

Leading us back to the road we all hopped into the silver vehicle which is where Lucas took my hand again before he started the car to drive away.

As we drove further and further from our packs I could feel the air in the car shift. The omegas had hope radiating from them, they were starting over. I felt sick but also happy, in a weird way. Sickness was from me leaving my family, the same family that tried to kill me and that also sickened me. However I was happy to be with Lucas without hiding, without worrying who would see us.

Damien kept sniffing as he looked around the car and I was becoming annoyed with his paranoid tendencies.

"Do you guys smell that?" He asked after a few hours. "I'm it's driving me crazy."

Raising my eyebrows I turned around the only other girl in the car was Marta but he's been around her before. So I was confused.

"Next turn?" Lucas asked, bringing my attention back to him.

I looked at my surroundings and then bit my lip and nodded, "Yeah and then take a left on the long driveway." Lucas nodded in understanding and I squeezed his hand in reassurance.

The house came into view before we even had time to prepare, which wasn't the case when I was usually driven down this long driveway.

Standing on the front lawn to greet us was a short blonde haired girl who was bouncing on the balls of her feet as she waited for us to exit the car. The tall guy next to her was laughing at her enthusiasm and I grinned throwing open the door once Lucas had parked the car.

"Penny!" I shrieked in delight running into her outstretched arms as she met me halfway. It was pretty dramatic.

"Rose!" She laughed, "I missed you, I have so much to tell you."

"Same here." I beamed at her and then wrapped my arms around Rex's waist. "Hey Rex, was the party good? Did it work?"

"Like a charm." Rex smirked giving me a tight squeeze before I was back standing beside Lucas.

"Well this is Lucas, my mate. And these are my pack mates, Penny knows them." I waved off the introductions as I remembered that they knew each other.

Penny laughed and Rex smirked widened, "We've got a couple rooms set up." He told us as he gestured to the house. We made to follow but was stopped from the sound of the car door opening.

Out stepped a small girl with dark brown hair and a familiar face. Instantly Lucas let a growl slip past his lips as he stared at her. I was too shocked to do anything but stare.

Miranda skipped over to us beaming as she did. 

Thank you so much for supporting me even when I give you crappy updates after not updating for months, you guys are my favorites!!! :P  True MVPS! 

Xx