Char lay curled up on her bed, the wolf cub lying across from her, curled up. She reached out and stroked it, her eyes sad. The cub lifted it's head and looked at her, giving a little whine before snuggling up against her. She gave a sad smile. "I'm sorry. But Ed wont let me take you," she murmured.

The cub soon fell asleep. Char tried to think of a way around the situation, but there was none. "It's not fair. You've never had to fend for yourself before, but now that your mum's dead and I cant take you, you'll have to learn. But what if you die? It'll be all my fault," she murmured. Winry lay across from her on the other bed, her back turned to Char, but her eyes wide.

The next morning, Char woke up late. The wolf was still cuddled next to her, and she didnt want to wake it. Finally she steeled her heart and nudged it awake. It gave a confused yap then yawned before following her out of the room. She crossed over to Ed's, knocking on the door before opening it. As she did, she noticed the slight change of Ed's and Winry's expressions, turning from angry to cheerful. Instantly she was suspicious.

"Morning," she said cautiously, closing the door behind her once the wolf had run in.

"Morning Char. Listen, I've been thinking. Maybe we can bring the wolf along," said Ed after a glare from Winry. Char's eyes brightened. "But you have to be the one to look after it, okay?" he added sternly.

"Okay!" Char sang, leaping into his arms and hugging him before picking the wold up and spinning it a couple of times.

"You should give it a name," Winry suggested. Char considered, then smiled.

"Fenrir," she said. Ed baulked.

"Why are you naming it after a vicious wolf, dog, thing?"

"Because Fenrir was loyal to his master. *Might not be true* So, I think a loyal wolf should have a loyal name." Ed sighed.

"Fine. Anyway, are you packed? We're leaving about about midday." Char nodded, then something occured to her.

"Actually, can I got to the shops quickly?" she asked. Ed sighed and nodded, throwing her a pouch with some money in. She grinned and ran out of the room, Fenrir following beside her. They ran out of the hotel and looked around at the shops.

"I know I saw one selling leather stuff..come on," she muttered, glancing around, then spotted it and gave a triumphant whoop before running towards it, Fenrir at her side. She walked in and was surprised to find the entire shop was empty. "Hello?" she called.

There came the sound of banging, then a man came out from the back room. "Whaddya want?" he asked.

"I was wondering if you sold any dog collars?" asked Char as politely as she could.

"Yeah, we do. You wantin' one?"

"Um, yes please." The man gave a snort and turned back before returning with a collar. It was blue with dark blue flowers patterning it, and a heart shaped piece of metal hung from it.

"That good enough for ya?" he asked. Char nodded and he handed it over. She quickly paid him, then hurried outside. She knelt down infront of Fenrir.

"Okay, I'm going to put this on you, alright? It's so that people know that you're a pet, instead of a wild animal." Fenrir stood there patiently as she slipped it onto his head. It fitted him perfectly, and she smiled as he investigated it before being seemingly please. "Alright, we better hurry up or Ed'll leave without us," she said with a giggle.

Char leaned out of the window, waving to the dissapearing Winry. When the station was completely out of sight she came back in, looking at Ed. "Why did Winry stay behind?" she asked. Ed humphed.