Chapter 1: In which a fairy falls from the sky

My name is Nick Artic and, true to my last name, I'm always cold. In the middle of school in 80 degrees, I'm in jeans and a sweatshirt. And this is where my story starts.

It was a beautiful sunny day in early June and I was walking to school and was walking over to my best friends Jackson Thorin and Skylar Alexis. We've been friends since 1st grade, and were gonna hang out at Jackson's after school. It was the last day of school, so I was happy to get it over with. "Hey Nick what's up bud?" Jackson said. "Nothin', much just ready to get this day to be over with" I said. " we still going to your place after school Jax?" Asked Skylar. " Ya, you still coming?" Jackson said jokingly. The bell rang and we start to walk to class. "I would hope so" Skylar joked. We stopped by our lockers and headed to our classes for the day. The day went slowly, as per usual, and me, Jax, and Skylar were walking to Jackson's place. " So what are we gonna eat for dinner?" Skylar asked. "I don't know, maybe pizza?" I suggested. "Ya pizzas good for me" she said."Same hear" Jackson said.

And that's when the fairy fell out of the sky.

You don't really expect a fairy to fall from the sky, much less exist. But hey, that's how life goes I guess. "WHAT THE HELL" Jax screamed, "WHAT IS THAT AND WHY DID IT FALL FROM THE SKY??" "JAX" Skylar and I yelled "CALM DOWN" Jax took a deep breathe. "I'm Okay" He said. All three of us went into Jax's backyard to investigate the falling....Thing..... whatever it was. The crater it had made was small, and wasn't as deep as a normal crater you see in movies. We all looked down into the crater and saw this small, glowing thing at the bottom. "is it and alien?" Jax asked. "Aliens don't exist moron" Skylar said, her voice showing how, even she didn't know what was in the crater. I felt myself being drawn to the glow, and the warmth that radiated from the glow. It made my skin tingle, and my body felt stronger, if possible. The aches and pains from the day seemed to just fade away as i got closer. "Nick" Sky said "be careful." I inched my way forward, Then, I saw through the glow, which was blocking out what had actually fell from the sky. It was a fairy, and when I looked closer, the fairy opened its eyes.