Teaser

"And you'll still talk to us?" River asked her daughter, her face etched with worry. Standing beside her was her husband, Jay, and even though he was maintaining his usual stoic look, concern was clear in his eyes.

Sagara grinned at her parents. "Of course I will!" she exclaimed. "Beacon's gonna keep me busy, but I'm sure we'll have time." She laughed. "Besides, you two are the only ones who can put up with my long stories!"

"What about me?" A silver-haired girl walked out, giving Sagara a look of mock offense. She wore a silver circlet, with a blue teardrop gem set in the middle. However, this seemed to be the most formal part of her outfit, as she had thrown on a simple blue shirt moments before.

Sagara reached out a hand to ruffle her sister's hair, careful not to knock off the circlet. "Now, how could I forget about you?" she said as Rain pushed her hand away and attempted to fix her previously-straight hair.

"And I can't ruin all the surprises for you." Sagara smiled. "After all, you'll have stories of your own in three years!"

Rain gasped. "You really think I'll make it in?"

"Of course!" Sagara said. "You survived that Grimm attack too, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but you were the one who held them off..." Rain muttered, but a small blush still appeared on her face.

River walked up to Sagara, handing over her bags. "Be careful out there, Sagara." She whispered, pulling her into a hug that Jay was soon to join.

"I will be." Sagara looked at her parents, trying to give them her most assuring smile.

With that, she turned around, giving her family one final wave as she walked towards the airship docks. Her duffel bag was slung around her right shoulder, and her left hand pulled another bag behind her.

Suddenly, she was stopped by a mass of silver and blue running towards her. Pausing, she saw Rain standing in front of her, her breath slightly uneven from the sudden sprint.

"Yes?" Sagara asked, looking down at her sister.

Rain grinned a bit, her gaze dropping to the ground. "I...I wanted to give you this before you left." She said, carefully pulling off her circlet and placing it on Sagara's head. "That way, it's like taking a little bit of me to Beacon with you! Plus, it looks really good on you."

Sagara wrapped her arms around Rain, a smile on her face once again. "I'll miss you, Rain."

"I'll miss you too." Rain replied. "But that's okay, because according to you, I'll get to be there with you in three more years!"

Sagara laughed. "I never can get anything past you, can I?"

"Nope!" Rain gave Sagara an innocent grin.

Giving her sister one last hug, Sagara once again started to walk to the docks where the airship was waiting.

As she stood at the door, she waved, seeing the distant figures of her parents and sister wave back (and jump, in Rain's case). Turning around, she stepped onto the ship, the only sound being the soft clunk of the wheels on the metal as she rolled her suitcase on board.

***

The sound of clashing metal cut through the air, as two figures dressed in purple twisted around each other, moving swiftly in the empty room. To the average onlooker, it appeared to be a simple spar, but anyone who took a closer look could see that they were familiar with their partner's style.

Amarinthine ran at Lavender, a slight smirk on his face. Pulling out a chakram infused with gravity Dust, he threw it at his feet, propelling himself upward. As he was in the air, he threw a small sphere at Lavender, purple smoke erupting from it the moment it hit the ground.