I've Got This... Mostly

Start from the beginning

Limburger's expression twisted into a deep frown. He groaned. "Tell me it isn't Napoleon Brie."

"It's not, however if you think he'll be interested –"

"No. No." Limburger quickly cut you off. "I can assure you that he's most certainly not worth your time. He's known for not paying up and once he has the land, he won't provide you with anything. I – on the other hand – would be more than happy to keep you around as a potential business partner. Out of curiosity though, who is this other buyer?"

"I can't disclose that information," you told him. "She does however live in Chicago and owns a rather successful business.2

Limburger's eyes narrowed. "Is that so?" he asked. "I do wonder where she got the money needed to challenge my price."

"It's not my business how my buyers have come into their wealth," you told him sharply, sending him a look of mild accusation which had him sweating under his collar. "All I require is a signed document of the land's worth and a statement that I cannot be held accountable for any illegally gained finances."

"A smart move," Limburger complemented. "I can most certainly assure you that there's going to be no issue like that should you sell the land to me."

You had to admit, Limburger made a pretty convincing argument. It was too bad that you weren't going to be hearing the rest of it as you glanced at the clock. In about five seconds...

The windows shattered and you had to make sure your smirk changed to a shocked expression. You stumbled backwards from the group of three who had just crashed into the building. Limburger's momentary distraction allowed you to quickly place the bug on the back of his computer without his notice.

Once that was done, you spun on him. "What is the meaning of this?!"

Limburger gave you what you thought was meant to be an apologetic look. It was hard to tell. "I assure you that this was a completely unintentional interruption," he said quickly. "Provide me with a few seconds and I'll make sure that this is dealt with."

"Consider yourself lucky Limburger, we're not here for you," Throttle said. You, having inched closer to the three with every passing second, found the tan mouse's tail around your waist suddenly. He pulled you over to his bike.

Vinnie made a sound of disappointment. "I think we could hang around for a little while longer," he urged. "Try and get some excitement from this dull mission."

"No can do," Throttle said as he placed you on the back of his bike. "This is a retrieval mission only."

"Hey!" you snapped, tugging half-heartedly at the tail that was wrapped around you. "Let me go! Limburger if this has anything to do with you, I can assure you that no matter how high you raise your price, I am never selling to you."

Before Limburger could formulate his reply, the trio had already blasted a secondary hole in the building in order to drive out. You scrunched your eyes shut and buried your head into Throttle's back as the wind whistled past your ears. The speed wasn't the problem. The being practically suspended in midair was the issue.

Only once the wheels hit the ground again did you open your eyes again. You took the helmet that was offered to you by a tail and slipped it on. "Could you have been any more dramatic with your entrance?" you asked. "You'll be lucky if Limburger doesn't suspect anything's up."

"What did you expect?!" Vinnie asked with a laugh. "We're biker mice sweetheart, being discreet isn't something we do."

Throttle chuckled and the vibrations practically ran through your body due to the proximity between you and the tan mouse. "Besides, Limburger would rather blame us against making the connection. He would need to admit that there was no chance of him getting your property then."