No Good Reason

Mulai dari awal

Well, then again Nino sorta had been in his spot. It probably wasn't possessive as much as territorial. Cat Noir seemed pretty easy going though, he had probably already forgotten about it and was just looking for an opportunity to tease his partner.

Nino nodded to himself, his anxiety forging a best case scenario for him and letting him ignore it for the time being. He sent a quick, 'K sounds good' and then switched over to Adrien's contact which also had a few messages in it.

'A- Haha, way to see the silver lining dude. What happened to you after the attack?'

'A- Dude?'

'A- I'm betting you passed out.'

Nino raised an eyebrow before scrolling back a little and realizing these had probably come right when he was falling asleep, his last comment being something about studying. Since he didn't really intend on answering Adrien's question he just locked his phone again, about to toss it away when a new message came in, from Marinette.

'M- You still awake?'

Nino shoveled another spoonful of pasta into his mouth, keeping the spoon there as he used both hands to respond.

'N- I took a nap and just woke up so I'm all backwards. Sorry if I woke you.'

He waited a second and saw that she was responding so he didn't lock it again.

'M- No I was up, don't worry about it. Today was sorta hectic for me so I took a nap too, same thing happened to me >.< You're not gonna try and go back to sleep?'

Nino thought about his answer for a second, setting his spoon down and leaning back in his chair. Finally he responded.

'N- Nah, I have to study for that Lit. test that got postponed. Also hectic is an understatement.'

Her response was immediate.

'M- Seriously'

Nino gave a short breathy laugh before getting up to put his bowl away in the kitchen sink. As he moved quietly so as not to wake anyone he set his phone down on the counter, not really having anything to say in reply. So far this had been one of the longer text conversations he and Marinette had ever had. They did talk, but mostly at school and any texts they traded were pretty short. Either they hung out in a group with Alya and Adrien, or just her him and Alya. He couldn't remember the last time they had ever done anything just with them, it was always more fun in a group.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when his phone vibrated loudly on the counter, his eyes darting to his parent's bedroom as he quickly picked it up. He waited a second to make sure they hadn't woken up before sighing and checking the message.

It started with, 'Okay I know this is weird.'

Nino raised an eyebrow again, heading back to his room and sitting on the edge of his bed as Marinette finished typing.

'M- But I sorta need to study too. I kind of got lucky not having to take it yesterday. Well, I mean today. And I also kind of want to get out of the house since its so nice out.'

'M- So if you've ever wanted to study on top of city hall we could do that.'

Nino blinked at the message, trying to comprehend what she meant when it really clicked.

Nino gaped at his phone and suddenly he was biting his tongue to keep from laughing excitedly. He typed out an all caps 'DUDE YES' before he was pacing his room in sudden energy. Was he literally just going to sneak out to go study on top of a really high building for no good reason?

Hell yeah he was. That's the kind of perks Alfred gets from Batman apparently.

She sent back a 'Lol,' before asking for his address, which he sent back gladly. This was so stupid and unnecessary he loved it. Even the idea of sneaking out didn't bother him much. He never liked the idea of being dishonest with his parents but now he was in on some pretty big secrets. He was able to write off anything attached to 'superhero stuff' from his conscious pretty easily.