Chapter 13: Misunderstood and Beaten

Începe de la început

"Lesia! What the hell is going on?" She asked in a rush. Her eyes glanced over my shoulder but obviously dismissed Riley as she clutched my arms. "Scott has locked himself in his room. Blaze is trying to talk to him but he won't say anything. My brothers came over freaking the hell out, something about Scott wanting to switch teams. And the noises coming from his room! God, I think he's tearing the damn place apart!"

FUCK!

This was so much worse than I imagined. I was torn between the desire to explain, hoping Lacey could help, and the need to be with Scott. Scott won and I tore out of Lacey's grip, flying into the house and up the stairs. I had no idea where I was going. I was just following the sound of Blaze's voice.

"Scott, come on man. Talk to me at least. What's going on?" I rounded a corner and saw Blaze with a hand on a brightly painted door. I didn't bother to take time to look at the decor, more worried about Scott. Blaze glanced down the hall, obviously hearing my approach. He backed away from the door, giving me a sad smile and mouthing "good luck". I winced as I heard something shatter in the room.

"Scott?" I called tentatively. All the noise in the room suddenly ceased and took the opportunity to start talking. "Scott, baby, please listen to me." The door cracked open and Scott's incredible green eyes peered out at me. My heart broke at the pain in them.

"No," he said. I was dumbfounded. No? His gaze flickered over my shoulder and somehow I knew he was looking at Riley, who'd apparently followed me. "Have a nice life." His words were a monotone as he shut the door and the lock clicked into place. I knocked on the door, determined to get him to listen.

"Scott! Please just talk to me!"

Nothing.

"Scott, please! You know how I feel. Please!"

Nothing.

"Scott!" My voice shook. My fists stilled against the door, my hands going flat.

Nothing.

"Scott." This time it was little more than a sob. A hand found my shoulder, another wiped at tears I hadn't realized poured down my cheeks. I was pulled into a slight body, my head held against a slender, rounded shoulder. I was guided back down the hall, down the stairs, being taken somewhere. I didn't care where. Sobs openly racked my body now.

I'd blown it. I'd completely blown it.

A pair of strong arms pulled me, picked me up, deposited me in a lap. Through tears, I saw I'd been settled in Micah's lap. His arms wrapped around me, hugging me and I curled into him, sobbing and soaking his shirt with tears. There were murmurs around me. People talking about what was going on, trying to piece things together, trying to figure out how to talk to Scott. I couldn't bring myself to care. I was drowning in despair and I didn't think I was going to surface anytime soon. I heard the sound of someone settling on the couch next to me and Micah. A hand brushed at the wisps of hair on my forehead before gently grasping my chin and turning my face. A pretty, older, blonde woman sat next to us. Sang Sorenson.

"You must be Lesia." Her voice was soft but still audible, even amongst the conversations still going on around us. I gulped back a few sobs, trying to pull myself together.

"You...You're Sang Sorenson," I was sure among the pain and tears, there was a note of awe in my voice. Sang Sorenson, the Ghost Bird. She was as much an Academy Legend as her husbands. She chuckled.

"I haven't been Sang Sorenson in a lot of years. It's Sang Lee these days." She smiled for a moment, then her face went sad, serious, but still understanding. "I cried over my boys so many times. They do know how to be melodramatic. Scott's learned that from the best." From the corner of my eye I saw a couple good natured glares shot her way. "Want to tell me what happened? And who the rather striking, but unknown soldier standing in my house is?"