2: Meeting Fionna

He was late, now normally Marshall wouldn't care, but today was strawberry donut day in the café, and there was no flippin' way he was missing that, not a chance. Hurrying down the street he closed his umbrella chucked it over the fence, grabbed the fence and climbed over it snatching up the umbrella as he raced across the school grounds and through the double doors sprinting down the hall that led to the cafeteria.

"Marshall slow down right now!" a teacher called after him as he raced past her.

"Can't donuts!" he yelled back as if that itself should be the only sane reason to be running through school hallways. Kicking open the doors to the cafeteria Marshall headed over to the counter and grabbed the plate the donut was on but paused when he was met with resistance. Glancing over he noticed another hand holding the plate. Last he checked he only had two hands, and the other one was holding onto his bag. The third hand however was attached to a blonde girl that was a few inches shorter than he was.

"Dude gimmie the donut." The blonde said narrowing her blue eyes.

"Like hell I will it's mine." Marshall said making to snatch the plate away however the blonde held firmly to her side. Neither noticed that the cafeteria had grown silent, someone was actually daring to stand up to the Vampire King and it was a new girl to boot. They all watched waiting to see what happened.

"I was here first."

"I'm supposed to care? Don't you know who I am? I'm Marshall Lee." Marshall said with a glower, surely this girl had heard of him, unless of course she was new, it's not like he kept tabs on who knew him or knew of him in the school...but that wasn't the point, he wanted this donut.

"Well Marsh Am I supposed to care?" the blonde said throwing his words back at him and making him blink in shock.

'Yup, she's definitely new.' Snatching the donut from the plate after dropping his bag Marshall licked it and slammed it back on the plate.

"You want to eat it now?" Marshall watched in utter shock as the blonde snatched it from the plate took a bite and flung it across the room.

"Just did, now neither of us can have it." She said pulling out a dollar for the donut and giving it to the cashier leaving Marshall to stand there in shock.

"Dude, you threw my donut."

"I paid for it so technically it's my donut." The blonde said simply walking over to an empty table with Marshall following behind her. Tossing her bag on an empty chair the girl sat down crossing her arms. Marshall sat across from her earning the girl's scowl.

"What are you gonna lick the table too?" she said irritably.

"You are awesome."

"What?" this definitely earned her attention, especially since the boy before her looked so amused.

"All these dopes are scared to death of me, it's nice to find someone who stands up to me, it's refreshing." Marshall said with a smile putting his feet up on the chair across from his.

"Yeah all your happy refreshingness aside I still wasted the last of my money on a donut I couldn't even enjoy." She said glowering at the table. Blinking Marshall stood and walked away returning moments later with a tray of food and plopped it in front of the girl, and taking the apple from the tray he bit into it with a satisfying crunch.

"There, food, you happy now?" this earned the blonde's glower, though he could see she was trying not to smile. Taking the tray he nudged it towards her. "Come on. Take it, take it...you know you want it." He said now wiggling the tray and speaking in a sing song voice. This earned her smile as the blonde laughed a bit looking away from him as she pulled the plate towards her.