A Mistake

A day went by and there was 2 days left until the party. Ciel and Sebastian were in Ciel's office. Ciel was drinking his morning tea and Sebastian was by his side.

  Ciel's Pov

  I knew everyone was excited for the party, especially the servants. I glanced over and saw Sebastian thinking about something. Or should I say, someone. I put my tea down. "I see you're thinking about Meyrin." I said to him. I knew he was falling for her, ever since she got here and became my maid.

  He looked over at me and nodded. "Yes, my lord. I am. My inner demon has chosen her, to be my rightful mate. Then she will become my bride." he explained.

  "And I assume that's the reason why, you wanted her to wear those glasses, to hide her true face." I predicted again. Sebastian nodded at me and replied. "Yes, my lord. You are right again. I made sure of that because I didn't want any other demon having. Taking away that is rightfully mine."

  I understood everything by this, but I didn't want that demon, hurting Meyrin. I always took her as a mother. And I didn't want anyone hurting her.

  "Sebastian. I want you to treat her kindly. She's not an object you can claim. She's a human being. She's been very loyal, knowing that, she knows about our contract and that your a demon. But, she didn't tell anyone. Treat her right."

  Sebastian's Pov

  I put my hand over my heart and bowed at Ciel. "Yes, my lord. I understand. After the party, I will see to it that she is rightfully my mate and then she will become my bride." I said. Even though I'm not 100% human, I will truly treat her out of love and care.

  After that, I heard someone running from outside the door and saw a flash of red hair. Oh no, Meyrin must've heard what I said. I'll probably have to talk to her.

  In the kitchen

  Meyrin was crying in a chair and Finny and Bard were there to comfort her. "Are sure Meyrin, maybe he was talking about you." Finny predicted.  Meyrin looked up at him "You don't understand Finny, he already has a mate and he's going to marry her. I'm so embarrassed. After all this time, of making a fool out of myself."

  Bard was rubbing her back. "I'm sorry, Meyrin." he said. Meyrin dried her tears. "It's alright, you guys. We still have to make preparations for the party. We should get going. I'm gonna go clean." she said, standing up and walking out the kitchen.  Finny then went out to collect all the pumpkins and Bard was preparing the food.

  Meyrin's Pov

  I was cleaning the railing, correctly, trying to get my mind off of things. I just couldn't believe Sebastian already had a mate and I was making a fool of myself, thinking he would like me. I'm hopeless. The only thing I can do now is just clean, be loyal to the young master, and keep the young master and Sebastian's contract, a secret.

  I finished cleaning the railing and went to clean the plates, to make sure their spotless for the party. I went in the kitchen and saw no one around. I walked over to the dishes and started. I made sure to clean them correctly, this time. I wanted to make sure everything was perfect for the party.

  Nar's Pov

  While Meyrin was cleaning and polishing the dishes, Sebastian walked in and saw her. He thought this would be a moment to talk to her.

  He walked up beside her, seeing she's polishing and cleaning correctly.

  Sebastian's Pov

  I glanced and saw she didn't notice me. She must be upset. I decided to break the silence. "I see you're polishing the dishes correctly, Meyrin. Did you finish cleaning the railings?" I asked her. She looked at me, but didn't blush. "Uh, yes sir. I have." she said. "Good then." I replied. I thought of cleaning the silverware and working with her.

  Meyrin finished cleaning the last of the plates and cups, and put the in the cupboards, without breaking them. I am surprised.

  "Well, I guess I'll get started on preparing the decorations." she told me. "Very well. Once your done, you can take your break." I said to her. She nodded and started walking away.

  "Meyrin." She turned around and faced me. "Yes?" she replied. I walked over to her and softly smiled at her. I got closer to her face and she started to panic. "Uuh, M-mr. S-Sebas..." "Sshh" I cut her off and placed a finger on her lips. I lightly chuckled.

  I gently grabbed the frames of her glasses and took them off. Her beautiful maroon eyes were staring at my crimson ones. Now I'm glad I made sure she wore these clumsy things. I brushed her cheek with back of my hand and was taken back. I got closer and our faces were inches away. "Why hide, such a beautiful face." I whispered. She step back from me and quickly took back her glasses. "Excuse me, Sebastian." she said, before walking out of the room.

  I chuckled and went back to cleaning the silverware. She will be mine.

  Meyrin's pov

  What the hell, just happened back there?! First, he says that he has a mate and wants to marry her. Then, he comes on to me, saying I have a beautiful face. This is confusing. I hope his wife doesn't get upset, if he does that again at the party. I put on my glasses and went to prepare the decorations.