13.

*a month later*

Melanie Stephen

"Ummm no I don't think so?" I say to Michael while eating some chips.

"I'm gonna ask her for sure." He said smiling. He was talking about a new employee here at work that's he's starting to catch feelings for.

"You gone do her the same way you did me?" I ask out of curiosity.

"First off don't do that cause you were acting distant anyways."

"I know I was, I'm sorry." I say pouting.

"It's cool I think we were best as friends anyways." He said smirking.

"Yeah I guess so." I said back.

I bet y'all wondering whatever happened between me and Jayceon. Well of course it wasn't meant for me to be dating him and even though I've had sex with him one time before, we just thought it would be better to stick to being friends as well. I've put aside all the guys who I've been talking to and focus on Miles and I.

Getting to know him, he's really interesting. I never knew that he could sing until he started singing a Marvin Gaye song while he was cooking the other day. And I never knew that he could cook as well. He's just cool once you get to know him and understand what he likes and dislikes.

My phone buzzed and I looked down to see a message from Jayceon

What up ma? My friend invited me out to this club tonight and I'd love to take you, I know you ain't doing nothin so why not hang with ya boy?

I know I shouldn't, but I can't pass up an opportunity like this.

Yeah I'd love to what's the name of it?

Club Blaze

Wait isn't that a strip club?

Yeah I mean it ain't a big deal you gone be with me.

Okay what time?

9pm

I didn't respond because now I'm thinking if I should go or spend my night cuddling with Miles. It's either going out to the club, or cuddling with miles. I'll know before I'm done working.

Miles Carter

"Mr. Carter I don't get this project?" Naomi, my new writer, said while sitting across from me in my office. She's been in my face ever since she started working here a couple of weeks ago. Mel says it's because she likes me, but I don't know and really don't care anymore.

"What is it that you don't understand." I sighed deeply throwing the pen down and pinching the bridge of my nose out of frustration. She was really bugging today.

"Ummm nevermind I think I understand it now." She giggled which annoyed me very much.

"You're wasting valuable time Naomi please get back to work before you won't have a job anymore." I said.

"Okay sorry damn." She mumbled standing up and making sure to put a little twist in her hips to catch my attention, but she looks so dumb doing that. As she walked out Melanie came in looking Naomi up and down as she exited.