Chapter 23- After Time (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" I demanded. "Make yourself clear before toying with someone." Suddenly, his finger lightly pressed against the area between my collar bones and then dropped down an inch to tug at my collar.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?" Karma asked. I glared at him.

"You know that's not what I meant," I disapproved, while wacking his hand away.

"Eh?" He tilted his head slightly, acting innocent. "But you're the one who wanted me to get closer."

"You're the one who said it first," I argued.

"I meant it in a figurative sense. You're the one with the impure thoughts," he taunted.

"I naturally assumed it was in a figurative sense. You simply misunderstood. Honestly," I sighed. "For you to think someone as pure and innocent as me to have such thoughts is completely idiotic." I glanced at him with a slight grin. His irritation from that last word was visibly seeping out of him.

"Heh~." Karma's smile grew sinister. "Calling yourself pure and innocent can't simply pass as an exaggeration, you rated X viewer. You should know better that. Other people will think that you're delusional so be careful."

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I laughed dryly. "At your age, knowing what rated X is... How shameful."

"Wait a minute," Karma spoke with a surprised voice. "You know what it is?"

"..."

"Heh~. What is it? Such a thing exists?" Karma asked.

"Stop."

"I just made it up so you be like, 'What are you talking about? It's rated r not x'," he teased. "Then I could say you admitted to being a rated r viewer."

"Oh my-..." I couldn't help but laugh from how ridiculous he is being. Karma patted my head, mocking me further.

"It's okay. Calm down."

I felt my face burn red from annoyance. Then I realized something.

"Wait," I said. "Then why did you ask, 'You know what it is?'" Karma's smile froze, unable to comprehend what I was saying. "After I said, 'How shameful', you-." He suddenly put a hand over my mouth. I escaped from his grasp and continued, "You knew what it was!" I shouted before he covered my mouth. I smiled as he looked at me, not particularly annoyed or embarrassed. Instead, we were both just enjoying ourselves.

Karma removed his hand and replaced it with his lips.

"I've been wondering about something," he suddenly said.

"What?" I asked gently.

"After this assassination class ends," Karma started to say. "What are you going to do?" Hearing him say 'end' for some reason made me dejected. But, I of all people should know that everything comes to an end; even the most treasured relationships. My parents are a good example. I thought about it for a bit and then gave a generic answer.

"I guess go to high school and then college."

"And after that?"

"... What are you actually asking?" I demanded, getting impatient. Karma smiled subtly.

"I'm going to stay in the Kunugigaoka institution after graduation." I was bit surprised, simply because until now, I didn't know about his future plans.

"So?" I asked. Karma didn't say anything after that. Instead he just left.

"Seeya."

I gave him a vacant stare. To be honest, I couldn't say much about his unusual behavior. More or less, I understood what he was saying. Our third year in middle school will come to an end. By then, I don't know what will happen. Whether Koro-sensei will die, or if the world would just end. Actually, it might be easier if the world just ended. Killing a high speed octopus is too much work. Everyone's just doing it for the reward money. But if the world ends, then that money won't be necessary. All our worries of getting into a good school, graduating, and finding a job will be gone. But...

Somehow, I don't want that.

What I want... Is something completely different. 

A/N - I am really (x 1,000,000) sorry about this. I honestly wouldn't blame you if you dropped this story after the extremely long wait. You guys will probably be even more pissed that the next chapter will be the last one. I won't make any excuses. Instead, I apologize that I wasn't very diligent and I'm sorry this is short. Thank you for coming back to this story for those of you who did (if any). I hope you enjoy.