Chapter 2: Admitting Love

It was a Thursday evening, everything was going pretty lame until Kenma spoke up.

"We should stop now"

The captain of Nekoma looked at the short setter "Why?"

"It's getting late"

"It isn't that late" The tall first grade pointed out.

"We need to eat." Kenma said in a serious tone, to make clear that he wanted to end the practice.

Kuroo, the third year with his bed head looked at everyone "Fine, practice is over, be sure to come tomorrow as early as possible."

Everyone walked out of the court and Kenma began walking to Kuroo

"Hey Kuroo, can we get something to eat together?"

"Sure."

They walked to a convenience store, and Kenma was searching for pork buns or ramen so they could eat

"Um.. Kuroo."

"Yes Kenma?"

"Do you think I could sleep at your house?"

"Of course you can, little one"

Kenma smiled and grabbed some pork buns, slowly went and paid for them. Kuroo was distracted by the sweets, and noticed Knema left him behind. He went out of the strore and rushed towards Kemna.

"Kenma, wait!"

The pudding head stopped and looked at Kuroo with his cat-like golden-colored eyes

"Sorry.."

Kuroo smiled and continued walking next to Kenma. With a swift movement, the taller one was grabbing the hand of his short friend.

"What?"

"Kenma, can I tell you something?"

The pudding head looked at his friend and nodded.

"I love you."

Kenma blushed and looked down

"Kuroo, are you sick or something?"

Kuroo smiled and bent down to be in front of his friends face.

"I'm pretty sure I feel great."

Kenma looked straight into his narrow eyes and cat-like pupils. They were just a few centimeters appart, so out of awkwardness, Kenma turned away again.

"What?"

"I love you, kitty boy."

Kenma looked at Kuroo again, failing to keep his cool.

"I... I love you too, Kuroo.."

Kuroo leaned forward so their lips touched. It felt right to the both of them, if they were meant to be together.

Clearly, they weren't just "best friends" now.