Lunch

(Sorry guys, I forgot to add a character description, so I'll put it here before we start the story.)

~Clover Greenwood~ Brown hair with blond highlights that make it dirty blond, blue eyes, loves music, art, and Hailey Jones. Bisexual. Fifteen.

~Hailey Jones~ Naturally brown hair with blond highlights from the sun, crystal blue eyes, loves music, Caden Vein, and Kaitlin Forest. Bisexual. Fifteen. Really

~Kaitlin Forest~ Blond pixie cut, green eyes, loves music, art, Cameron Stone, and being gay despite being pansexual. Seventeen.

~Cameron Stone~ Dark brown pixie cut, brown eyes, loves music. Pansexual. Eighteen.

~Caden Vein~ Ginger hair, brown eyes, loves music, and Hailey Jones. Seemingly straight. Fifteen.

~Troy Heart~ Black hair, brown eyes. Seemingly straight. Fifteen.

"Mr. Kyle is a bitch." Hailey says angrily, smiling as she does so. "I kinda really hate him."

"Why?" I ask, grinning and tucking my dirty blond hair behind my ears. She pulls her ponytail tighter.
"He took two points off of my pop quiz on state capitals for not spelling Tennessee correctly."
I laugh and shake my head as we walk to the cafeteria together. "I didn't spell Mississippi right. We must be the geography rejects."
She nods and tells me to fix my beanie. I do. Then she starts venting about how upset Kaitlin is over the breakup between her and Cameron. Hailey tells me that she feels really bad for her and all she wants to do is comfort her.
Hailey's been in love with Kaitlin since the end of the last school year. She dumped her boyfriend for her but then Kaitlin went and got a girlfriend. Her girlfriend was Cameron. When Kaitlin fell in love with Cameron, I was the one to comfort Hailey. And since Hailey loves Kaitlin, she was heartbroken when Kaitlin felt that way. So was I, of course, I didn't want Kaitlin to feel like that. But not the way Hailey was. At the same time, she became hopeful again. Every time I open my mouth to warn her that she'll just be torn apart again, I can't speak. My words dry up in my throat when I try to tell her that she doesn't want to be the rebound. Cameron doesn't love Kaitlin anymore. Hailey does. But Kaitlin still loves Cameron, not Hailey. I love Hailey though. But so does someone else. His name is Caden.
Anyways, to be a good best friend, I listen to her rant. When she finishes, I tell her that I feel bad about Kaitlin being so crushed too, but that it's probably not the same way.
"She'll be okay though. I promise." I say, half-hugging Hailey and half-grabbing a lunch tray. I buy an apple, a classic PB & J, and a chocolate milk carton. Hailey buys only a cookie and a water.
    "Thanks, Clover."
I recite the reasons why I love her and why I shouldn't love her in my head as we attempt to find a table in the crowded lunch room;
-the way she says "kinda really" before some sentences
-the way she says "I hate my life" and "I love my life" after some sentences as if she's contemplating
-the way she breaks her cookies into little pieces
-she's protective of me
-she can pull off literally every look
-she doesn't need makeup, but she wears it sometimes
-she apologizes for everything even though she doesn't need to
-she's so self-conscious and I want to fix that
-she makes me laugh
-but she loves Kaitlin and she'd date Caden if he asked her out

I sigh and plop myself down at a seat by the cafeteria door, watching Hailey plug in her ear buds.
"Be right back." I mutter, leaving my lunch as I jog to the bathroom. I had done enough thinking in the lunch line to make me pissed off and depressed, so I lock myself in the bathroom and let angry tears stream down my face.
Once my tear ducts are dried out and my face looks normal again, I walk out into the cafeteria and sit with Hailey again.
"Sorry I took so long," I lie. "There was a long line."