Chapter Two

Marshall Lee looked around the dusty room. This is crap. He thought, bitterly. The bed was so very uncomfortable and anyone could clearly see that the lightbulb for the room would burn out any minute. So this is how mr.princy treats the people who save his kingdom? Oh, I'm in for a joy ride for sure.

Marshall sighed, floating over to the uncomfortable bed, folding his umbrella up and setting it down next to him. He tried to lean back upon the mattress, but there were so many lumps and the bed made some squeaky noises, which unsettled him. It sounds as if it's gonna break!

Deciding it wouldn't be such a good idea to sleep upon the bed, he hovered over it, his back facing the bed. He could see small almost invisible tiny cracks in the ceiling and he spotted some small cobwebs in the corner of his room. Why would a prince keep a room this horrid? He questioned, then chuckled to himself, smiling softly. Just for me.

Marshall perked up once he heard a light tapping at the closed door. Sighing, he floated down and answered, recognising the pink prince.

"Just wanted to see how you were holding up so far." So far. Marshall silently scoffed at the phrase. "Ah, so you do have a heart?" He folded his arms, leaning against the door frame. "And you somehow do?" Gumball asked, narrowing his eyes. "Nope. Haven't had one for ages." Marshall replied, with a smug look. Oh, how Gumball wanted to wipe that look off his face. "Well, I'll just step in for a minute." He said, moving right pass the vampire into the room.

Marshall Lee growled as the prince passed him into his room. What is his problem? He thought as he looked back at the prince, following behind.

Gumball looked around. Maybe he had been a bit hard on Marshall when he decided what room he would be staying in. What if what he said was true and he did fight off those creatures just to help? He had already taken away most of Marshall's freedom in the kingdom, but that was because of the safety of the candy people.

Gumball sighed. "You look deep in thought, bud." Marshall remarked, making the prince perk up and face him. "Something on your mind?" Gumball rolled his eyes. "Nothing that should be of your concern." He replied.

The vampire shrugged, floating over to the bed where he hovered. "It doesn't hurt to walk, ya know." Gumball remarked. "And it doesn't hurt to be less of a dickwad." Marshall hissed in return. Damn, who does this prince think he's talking to? He was the Leader of the Nightosphere! Ruler of the undead! King of vampires! Gumwad may not know that now, but he will...Only in time.

Gumball was surprised at the sudden hiss the cold-blooded creature gave out and he was disgusted with it, too. "Hey, do not forget who you're speaking with! You came to me and asked for a place to stay." He stated, folding his arms. Marshall rolled his eyes. "Same goes to you, Gumwad. I'm the one who saved your precious kingdom from those creatures. I should deserve at least little respect and hospitality."

Gumball paused...The vampire was right. He hated to admit it, but Marshall was right. "Alright, fine." Gumball sighed. "Starting tomorrow we will be a bit more welcoming than today. Happy?" Marshall Lee rolled his eyes. "Over-thrilled." He said, sarcastically.

With that, Gumball found no further reason to stay. He walked out the door, almost closing it behind him before saying one last thing. "Goodnight, Marshall Lee." And then he closed the door, leaving Marshall Lee to his own thoughts.

Goodnight...? Marshall was shocked, not once had anybody "goodnight" to him! Was it a sign or disrespect? Was it for the weak? Should he have said the same? Marshall, calm down. You know what Good means and what Night means- Good Night- So he must of been referring to what a good night it was. Right?