six - dinner date

My smile grows on my face as I quickly pace around my room, shoving earrings through the small holes in my ears, and stuffing myself into a tiny black dress and strappy heels.

I don't necessarily know if shock is the emotion I should be expressing, rather than just genuine happiness. After all that's been going on the past few weeks, all he's tried to do is relieve stress and I appreciate that.

Plus, a dinner and a get out is something I really need at the moment. It being with him is even better.

I grab my bag and exit, meeting him outside in the car.

"That was quick, and you're beautiful," he flashes me a warm smile in which I return.

"Thank you, what made you decide to take me to dinner?" I question and he shifts the car gear into drive, backing out of my driveway.

"Well, I guess you'll find out."

My attention changes to the window, there's a comfortable silence, I'm still not aware yet of where we are going in specific.

After about ten minutes pass, we pull into this small italian restaurant and head in.

"Welcome to La monte, follow me," the hostess smiles, making her way down a smile isle towards the end of the restaurant.

"I've never been here before," I smile towards Calvin as the hostess places two menus in front of us.

"Now you have. It's so good, one of my favorite restaurants. I'm sure you'll like it," he smiles again, and I can't help but blush a bit.

He is really attractive.

I decide on just getting a pasta dinner with him doing the same, and I change my attention to the small history sign of the restaurant on the wall.

"This place is 35 years old? That's crazy," I whisper as I read down the plaque that hangs on the wall.

"Yes, I used to come here as a child. I have so many memories here it's unbelievable.

"Thank you," I smile, and his attention turns towards me in a curious expression.

"For dinner? Of course"

"Not just that, it's been so hectic lately, I needed a break," he flashs me a warm smile and the waitress brings us over the food.

I finish in the matter of ten minutes, same with him and he asks for the check.

"Don't," he mumbles as I reach for my bag and I shake my head.

"If you won't let me pay, dibs on tip," I smirk and place a five dollar bill under the ketchup bottle. He groans but takes the bill up to the register in the front. I go to follow, and a man steps in front of me, blocking my way of leaving.

"Parker was it?"

He's wearing sunglasses to conceal his face, and refuses to look up into the light. He'a much bigger than me, and I can tell he's here for a reason.

"Who are you, and how do you know me?" I question, slowly moving my feet to the left so I'm not stuck in front of him and the table.

"That, you don't need to know. This you do though," He reaches into his coat and I get goosebumps.

Something's wrong.

He pulls out a brick, and my eyes widen.

This is who it was.

"We're not done yet-"

"Hey!" Calvin yells and the man tucks the brick back in his coat, locking eyes with me before moving away from me at a quick pace.

"Are you okay?" He questions and I nod my head as much as I can. I think I've already figured it out.

"We need to go," I mumble and grab his hand, pulling him out of the resturant and towards his car.

"What did he say to you?" He questions and I don't answer, just buckle the seatbelt and stare straight out of the windshield.

"Parker?"

"I'll explain later, I just want to get as far from him as possible," I mutter and he puts the car in drive, heading back towards the café.

"Wait stop, can we go back to yours? I don't think that's a good idea to go back to my house yet," I turn my attention to the side mirror and see a car tailing us at a very close distance.

I knew it.

"Just kidding, just drive."

He gives me the strangest look and I sigh. I haven't explained anything, I just don't want to freak him out.

"Okay fine. Don't freak out or drive faster, maintain the speed and state of mind you have, okay?" I question him and he nods in acceptance.

"The car behind us is following us. The man from the restaurant is the same one that threw the brick through the window of my house, and by the appearance of him, I have the intuition it's the same guy from the other few mornings who keeps death glaring me. I don't know why he's doing what he is, but he said 'we're not finished yet' before you came, and I'm honestly terrified.

I grab my phone and dial my grandmother's number and she picks up after a few rings.

"Hey, stay at your friends please," I ask her and she laughs.

"Are you bringing that boy back with you?" I can tell she's smiling, and I would be too if Calvin wasn't picking up the speed in the car.

"Honestly I wish, It's not safe at the moment, I think that there may be another brick thrown into the window so don't go home tonight please. I love you."

I hang up and turn my attention back to Calvin, "Slow down, I think they know now."

The car behind us has slowed down and is now maintaining a distance between us. Thankfully I know the area we're at now.

"Make a right at the next side street we pass and then make a hard left into the one way road. Hopefully there's no cars coming. After that make another right. There then should be an alley to your right, quickly turn into there and park as deep as you can. Then you and I will bend down and wait for them to pass, okay?"

We're already nearing the first turn and he picks up the pace, making the turn at 50 mph and speeding down the one way road at 75. Once we get to the alley, it's completely dark and I unbuckle myself, lowering below the glovebox as he lowers himself as well.

"How'd you know they were following us?" he asks and my attention turns to my phone which had just lit up.

A text from an unknown number.

Clever idea. Except you forgot that your phone can be tracked.