Chapter Eight - Amore

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, much.”

Skye leaned further down into the seat, getting more and more relaxed as Jeremiah worked his magic on her tired and aching feet.

“You don’t regret coming with me, do you?”

“No,” she closed her eyes.  Jeremiah’s touch felt amazing.

“Good.  Because I am having a great time.”

“Are you?  Wouldn’t you rather be down there playing beer pong or strip poker or something?”

“No.  This is good,” he told her sincerely.  He reached for her other ankle and began massaging it, just as he did with the other. 

Jeremiah stared at Skye as she lay back with the back of her head against the seat back and her weight supported by her elbows.  He momentarily stopped massaging her feet for a second so he shrug out of his tuxedo jacket and draped it over Skye.  She opened her eyes lazily and smiled appreciatively at him. 

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.  Hold on, I’ll be right back.”

She sat up in panic as he lifted her legs away from his thighs so he could get up.  “Where are you going?”

“Just getting another drink.  You want anything?”

“I’ll have whatever you’re having.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.  Live a little,” she teased Jeremiah.

“Okay, don’t move.   I’ll be right back.”

“Okay.”

Jeremiah jogged away from the gazebo, dodging as many guys trying to high five him or evading as many girls wanting to hug him.  He made his way to the kitchen and poured two glasses of whiskey and colas, purposely not putting as much whiskey on Skye’s drink  because he knew she couldn’t handle her liquor as much as he could.  A few guys invited him to take shots with him.  He was a good sport, taking a few shots of rum, tequila, and whiskey.  He soon made his way back to the waiting Skye, but this time he couldn’t avoid the various people who stopped him and made small talk with him.  He found Skye still sitting on the patio chair, his jacket now properly on her body.  It was much too big for her, but at least she looked warm.  She sat with her legs crossed as she watched the revelers jump in and out of the swimming pool.  He sat down next to her and handed her a cup, not remembering which one had more alcohol.  He was already buzzing from the shots he partook in. 

“Here you go, milady.”

“Thanks.”

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.  Stop asking me that,” she giggled as she took a cautious sip of her drink.  “Whoa, strong…” she winced a little.