The New Girls

Jared and I pulled up in the school parking lot in my Dodge pickup truck. This time we made a stop Forks, Washington. Since we got here it hasn't stopped raining, I've always hated the rain.

"So, are you ready for this? Its your first year of high school." I asked my slightly nervous looking little sister.

"I'm terrified." She giggled.

"Just remember, if you get that warning feeling don't react in a room full of high school students. I can already feel something from out here."

"I know, I can to." She replied.

"We should go before we're late."

I hopped out of the truck and made my way to the school with Jared close behind. I can tell she's not very comfortable with it. Just as I was entering the building the strongest and most intimidating warning I have ever felt rip through me. I whipped my head around to the parking lot.

"Did you feel that?" I asked Jared.

She gave me a curious look. "Feel what?"

"Never mind. Lets just go." I did one last look around and continued my path to guidance.

I walked into my first period English class only to be hit with the stench of a leech

I walked into my first period English class only to be hit with the stench of a leech. A very pixie like brunette girl in the back of the class who sat alone.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I asked the woman sorting through papers on her desk. Her eyes shot towards me when she was done.

"Yes?"

"I'm Briggs, I'm one of the new girl."

"Right, can I see you schedule?" I handed it to her. "Okay, go take a seat by... Alice, in the back right corner." Of course.

I reluctantly made my way over to her. The feeling was so strong it was almost suffocating.

She saw I how tense was and looked at me. She didn't have red eyes, they were golden.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"I don't tolerate your kind." I said coldly.

She looked completely stunned by my statement.

"How do you know?" She whispered.

"It's not that hard to figure out. Even if you don't have the red eyes."

"I can assure you we're not what you think."

"You drink blood right?"

"Yes, but not human."

"It doesn't matter, blood is blood. I don't care what it comes from. Animals are living creatures to." I quietly ranted at a tone only we could hear.

She says nothing more after that. She doesn't even look at me again. Her worry radiates off of her. The rest of class just flew by afterward.

Jared and I met up at lunch.