Chapter One: Nightmares

I stood in a forest, it was dark and I'm pretty sure that  everything around me looks like it is hand drawn, I could see the strokes and it scared me for some odd reason. 

I knew it was a dream, it had to be or else I was going mad.

That's when something caught my eye, turning I stared at the odd light blue tinged speck through the dark greys and black. And before I knew it, my feet started to walk towards the speck, tree's moaned as they straightened up, letting me pass through them before they moaned back into place.

I continued while I stared at the blue speck of light, tree's and things in my path moved out of my way as I continued to walk towards it.

And after as time past a cabin appeared, staring at the old, decaying cabin that looked like it was falling apart.

I stopped walking as I stared at the cabin in confusion, until I saw movement in a window, "H-" a face appeared at the window, the boys electric blue eyes pierced my pale green ones before he disappears and the window is covered in red, just in a matter of seconds.

Gasping I took a step back as screaming started coming from the house, and then on every single window red covered them all. 

"What the hell-" the screaming became louder and soon enough I had to put my hands on my ears as the screams made me feel ill and cause goose bumps to pop up all over my skin.

Suddenly someone appeared in front of me, "Run"  the boy with the blue eyes stared at me, covered in red and his left arm hanging limply at his side.

"RUN" 

Stumbling away from the boy who looked the same age as me I turned and started to run, but the forest didn't move away from me this time, instead it became closer together and almost impossible for me to get through it.

My hands hit a wall of tree's and I looked up, watching in shock as the tree's grew taller and taller.

"GET BACK HERE" someone roared and I whipped around, only to see a silver glint of something before I felt a pain in my chest. Looking down I saw a large knife embedded in my chest, and then I looked up at the fuzzy figure in front of me.

And then they pushed me to the ground and I caught sight of another knife and the blade pressed against the side of my face, "Time to get rid of that pretty little face of yours, Amelia" the male, blurry figure growled.

I sat up in my bed, my chest heaving as I pant in the darkness - I really need to get a handle on things or I will have another panic attack in my bedroom again.

Blindly I pushed the wet fringe out of my face before I reached out for my lamp and I yanked on the string attached to it. Light flooded my almost bare room before I pulled the blankets away from my body and hopped off of the bed and started walking to my bathroom.

Flicking the switch to that I pulled a pill bottle out of my night bag and I took two before I stuck my head under the tape and then wiped my mouth from the water and stared into the mirror, my brown hair stuck to my pale skin, dark bags were under my eyes, and I was quite skinner.

To skinnier to be even thought of as healthy.

Sighing I pushed my hair out of my face before I pulled an black elastic tie from my wrist and pulled my wet hair up before I walked out into my bedroom and past all the boxes that I had packed over the past week.

I stretched before I reached up to my book shelf and started to pluck them off of the shelf and put them into a half filled box, after a couple minutes of the deafening silence I grabbed my MP3 and pushed the ear buds into my ears before I pressed play and continued with my packing.

My parents were moving back to the town they adopted me from, which I can barely remember. I wouldn't even know if I was adopted or not until I had a social worker knock on the door when I was nine.

Standing in my fading blue Ramones shirt and dark blue Jack Wills shorts I shut the flaps of the box before I tapped it, sealing the contents inside.

After a few minutes of me pacing while thinking about the dream I continuously had since I was little, I began to be drowsy - thank god for medication, right?

Sighing I plucked my ear phones from my ears and I subconsciously put my silver dove necklace in my mouth as I went around, making sure everything was in place, locked windows, lights turned off and everything pushed to the walls so if I sleep walk I won't bump into them.

I climbed into my bed and pulled the blankets back up and dropped the necklace out of my mouth before I reached over to the lamp and turned it off. Laying back I closed my eyes and let the medication do it's wonderful work.

All I can say really is that I love the fact that my medication makes sure I have no dreams or nightmares - or whatever you think they are, and I get some peaceful sleep without any disruptions of panicking and fear.

Slowly sleep crept upon me, and I fell into the dark depths of my mind where I  knew was my sanctuary from everything. My name is Amelia Barnes, I'm sixteen, turning seventeen in three weeks, my favorite colour is red and my favorite animal is a chameleon - and as I said before I am adopted by two brilliant people.

That, and I get repetitive nightmares ever since I could remember, and that's only the half of what you might need to know about me. But that can wait for another time... can't it?