Levi gently opened the door to Erwin's quarters after coming back late from Mike's room. Mike's squad had a tradition that was held on the eve of an expedition; they'd each have a shot of fine liquor saying that it wouldn't be their last. Levi had never had proper alcohol nevermind whiskey as expensive as that. The strength of the liquid made Levi's face scrunch up but the burn in the back of his throat was somewhat steadying.

Erwin was sat by the fire with a glass of liquor of his own reading some documents. Levi took off his jacket and slid down onto the sofa next to Erwin. Levi leaned against the Alpha's arm so he could see what the papers were. Final expedition plans. A horrible feeling curled through his gut and he shut his eyes to try and will it away. "You're going to be okay." Erwin's voice cracked through his internal struggle and he looked up. Erwin's eyes were soft, the kind of soft Levi had only seen being directed towards himself and no one else. "Your squad is strong. Don't be afraid to lean on them. After all we're only going to check if the base is still intact outside the walls and then we'll scout the area for possible new routes before coming home." Levi sat for a moment thinking through all the information before he decided that that didn't sound too bad. The base wasn't far out and the scouting teams - which were made up of two squads each - were only allowed a few miles from the base before they had to return. And he was now part of the strongest squad in the Corp. "I'm okay. It'll be fine." Levi muttered, gently pushing himself closer to Erwin's warmth.

That night they went to sleep in eachothers arms. Normally they'd sleep on their own side of the bed and end up tangled together in the night. But tonight they didn't even think twice when they got in opposite sides but joined in the middle; Levi pushing his face into Erwin's chest and allowing himself to be consumed by Erwin's arms. Levi told himself it was because it was cold and for the last couple of nights he'd been sleeping with two extra blankets, but in the back of his mind he knew it was because he was terrified of confronting those creatures again and that the Omega in him told him that Erwin, Alpha would protect him.
Levi had gotten stronger again while training with Mike but he still struggled to fight off his inner Omega like he used to. With everything he does there's that Omegan voice scratching at the inside of skull telling him to submit, to not growl at the Alpha, to bare his neck and submit when he's sparring. In the Underground it had been easier, the suppressants were expensive but much stronger than the ones the Survey Corp were giving him, they basically cut the Omega right out of him, his scent wasn't Omega, he didn't go into heat and he didn't even slightly feel that he had to submit. But now Levi felt himself enjoying Erwin's company, enjoying his scent. Levi would never admit it but in the first two weeks of being in Erwin's room he'd roll over onto Erwin's side after he left to work and drown in the lingering warmth and scent that was left on the sheets. It was disgustingly Omegan but he couldn't hate that about himself anymore.

He could feel them behind him, reaching their pale blood stained hands toward him. Levi didn't dare turn around, he couldn't look at those dead eyed stares again. Erwin had turned over in the night so those strong arms weren't wrapped around him anymore leaving him open and naked to the ghouls of his friends. Levi reached out and curled his shaking hand into Erwin's shirt. He gently tugged at it, then again and again until Erwin mumbled something and turned his head to Levi. The moment he saw the state Levi had worked himself into he seemed wide awake. He rolled over to face Levi. "Hey, what's wrong?" Erwin asked softly.
"They've come to take me." Levi whispered, "They're gonna kill me because I let them die." Levi pointed a finger behind himself. Erwin was a little confused until he figured out who Levi was talking about. Farlan and Isabelle. Erwin sighed and turned to get out of bed, he picked up the blanket that had fallen on the floor in the night and place it over Levi. It covered Levi completely and he shook even more in the dark. Why is Erwin leaving? Why isn't he making them go away, like he does the dreams?
There was movement beside the bed and then Levi was picked up with all the blankets. Everything was pulled tight around as he was gathered in someone's arms, it made it hard to move and Levi felt trapped but he only had to endure it for a moment before he was placed back down. The surface was hard but it had something soft laid over it to make it more comfortable. Levi slowly sat up and uncovered his head. It was pitch black. He felt around himself, the space was no bigger than the size of a single bed and it had a high ceiling. Levi looked behind himself and jumped when he saw a figure crouched in the doorway who he quickly realised to be Erwin. Erwin lent forwards and put something behind Levi. Levi felt to see what it was, it was a pillow. He then noticed there were pillows and blankets all around him. Erwin shut the door and crawled halfway up the room. "We'll sleep here so the people can't get you." He said laying down on his side. Levi didn't need any convincing and laid down himself. He pushed himself into the soft corner of the room and snuggled under some more blankets. The thick scent in the room made his eyes droop and he allowed sleep to take him again.