| 02. STUBBORN PEOPLE THESE DAYS

Start from the beginning

"None of your business!" Elanora exclaimed, almost red.

"We never see you!" He whined, stomping his foot lightly on the floor.

"Oh, you poor baby! Because you're the one being criticized for everything you do." Elanora responded, mimicking George's babyish tone.

"That's why we're here!" Fred exclaimed.

"Harry-" George began, but was cut off by Elanora shoving her hand over his mouth.

She looked around warily. George stared at her for a moment before promptly licking her palm, causing her to retreat back and groan. She grimaced and wiped her palm absentmindedly on her wrinkled robes.

"Mention him one more time and I'll hex you." She threatened.

"But you saved him." Fred shot back.

Elanora clenched her jaw. "Not in any way, shape or form would I want to save Harry Potter," she eyed them, "I have no idea what came over me. Now please leave me alone."

She tried shoving past them, but George grabbed her wrist.

"Okay, okay! Tell him I said you're welcome. Goodbye now." She said, trying to get past Fred's tall figure.

Before she could escape, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, making her groan loudly.

"Stop it! Let me go wallow in my thoughts!" She whined.

"Not until you go talk to Harry. He's really guilty that you're suffering so much because of him."

"Tell him it's fine." She lowered her voice to a whisper. "If anyone sees me with him, it'll get ten times worse."

"No." Fred said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Come on!"

"No." George said, mimicking Fred.

"Guys! Are you kidding me? Let me leave."

Elanora tried to slip past them once more, but Fred stepped in front of her. Elanora stepped back from running into his chest and rolled her eyes.

"I'm not going."

Fred sighed. "Fine."

"Really?"

"No." George grinned.

Fred and George looked at each other and laughed at their little joke.

"I hate you guys. I hate Harry Potter. I hate Gryffindors. Got that? No way in hell I'm associating with him. "

Fred only crinkled his nose at the comment. "Have you heard about the Chamber of Secrets?"

"Yeah, literally everyone has." Elanora rolled her eyes, only wanting to camp in the hidden corner of the library.

"Well everyone thinks Harry is the heir of Slytherin."

Elanora's insides twisted. She couldn't deny she had thought of Harry being it, but not only that, she considered the fact that she may be it too. Her mom refused to answer any of her questions, which in this case could cost her a lot. She sniffed at the thought of Harry being pinned as the heir, and felt her heart give a slight twinge of sympathy for him.