Chapter 1: Night Of The Snowball

Mike

Tonight is the snowball. Lucas, Dustin, and Will decided not to go since they don't have any dates. I put on a pair of black dress pants and some black and white Converse. I tightened my bowtie and looked in the mirror. I tried to smile but I was honestly too upset. Eleven hasn't came back. She was my first crush.

I went downstairs and grabbed a box of Eggos and sat down in the bed I made for El in the basement.

I waited and waited but no sign. I got out my walkie-talkie and signaled Lucas. I told him to come over. I also told Will and Dustin the same thing.

Soon they all got here. "Guys, we gotta find El." I said. "Mike, she's dead. Get used to it." replied Lucas. I then said, "But what if she's still out there...all alone?" Dustin came over and grabbed my shoulders. "She isn't!" he said. I knew that we had to find her. That night.

"Will, do you think she's dead?" "I'm not sure." "Guys, I think we should go into the Upside Down to find her." I replied. "Mike! Are you insane?!?" Lucas asked. "No, I'm not. We should go look for her now."

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get them to go. Eventually, they all went home and I was by myself again.  I tried to sleep but unfortunately all I did was twist and turn in my bed.

AUTHORS NOTE

I know this is a really short chapter but I don't want it to be too long. Thanks if you read it and I hope you want more♥ any suggestions on what else I should have happen in this book? Thanks again! Xx.