5. So let's distract them

I sat down on the table we were at earlier as Alec did his Shadowhunter things. He dropped his leather jacket onto the table and when he turned around I stealthily took off mine and put on his. Even though I was sitting on the table it pooled around my waist a little bit and the sleeves covered the palms of my hands. Nobody else was here so all the lights were off but even with all the lights off there were so many screens we could still see each other clearly. He turned around and handed me his bow before grabbing a handful of arrows and placing them beside me. He pulled out his magic wand thingy and grabbed the first arrow sliding it up the arrow shaft.

 He pulled out his magic wand thingy and grabbed the first arrow sliding it up the arrow shaft

"Hey Alec?" I asked him. He gave me a hum of acknowledgement. "Last time we talked about this we got into an argument but I just have one more question."

He sighed and put the arrow down looking straight at me. "Go for it."

I took a deep breath. "Do you like girls too or...? Because you flirt back with me and it confuses me, but I also know with the whole Jace thing...?" I closed my eyes waiting for his answer and hoping he wouldn't put his mask back up.

"Girls too." My eyes flew open to see him staring straight at me. I nodded tossing the idea around in my head. I still had a chance with him. My odds were cut in half but they were still there. I looked at him to see no hostility in his eyes. He was being completely honest and open with me. I smiled up at him because even with me sitting on the table he towered over me. He gave me a half smile back and went back to his arrows. I stared at his jawline and how focused he was on the arrows. Something flickered behind him and I looked to see a very built and blond shadowhunter walking towards us.

"Alec somebody is coming over here. He's blond and holding a cup of coffee." He walked closer to me and reached for the arrows beside me. Placing the arrows and bow behind my back. "Wait, come closer." I whispered up to him. He wedged himself between my knees and I slid my hands around his shoulders.

"Kat what are you trying to do?" He had settled his hands on the table top by my outer thighs and I moved my hands around his neck.

"I know they're not supposed to know what you're doing. So, we make it look like you were doing something else." He nodded and his cheeks started to go red as we stood there.

"More like doing someone else." He muttered. I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to hear it but I did and it took everything in me to not burst out laughing. Quietly I let loose a few giggles. He just shook his head at me.

"Alec. I didn't know you were here." Alec sprung away from me and spun around. "And you bought a friend." The shadowhunter started walking up the steps being careful not to spill his coffee cup.

"Yeah, no, I, uh..." Alec leaned against the table beside me, trying and failing to hide the bow and arrow casually.

"Don't tell me. I don't wanna have to report you for... unethical practices in the training room."