"Hey Nialler, how is she?" 

"Everything's fine, but I was wondering if you're busy at the moment." Zayn turns down the telly even lower and leans back into the couch. 

"No, why?"

"I'm sitting beside Piper-Jane, that model Harry and I told you about. She's in the hospital and I was wondering if it's okay if she talks to you. You're her favourite member of the band." Zayn sighs, realizing what Niall means, but agrees anyway. 

"Yeah, I'd love that. Always excited to hear from my little girl." Niall smiles and hands Trinity the phone. She takes the phone and shakily puts it up to her ear. 

"Hello?"

"Hi love." Trinity's face lights up in excitement. "Piper-Jane, right?"

"Just call me PJ, everyone does. I like that name a lot better." For the next two hours, Trinity and Zayn talk about anything Trinity brings to mind, with Niall's opinion being added every now and again. When they do hang up, Trinity's smile is still there. She hands the phone back to Niall and thanks him profoundly. "I can't believe I talked to Zayn Malik. I'm usually so nervous when I talk to people, but it feels like talking to my best friend while I was talking to him. It feels like I know him, which is strange."

"Who knows, maybe you secretly do know him." Trinity's laugh rings through the room, causing Niall to smile widely; it sounds just like his. She laughs for a few more moments before the door opens up and Melanie walks in. She stops as soon as she sees Niall and her face grows angry. 

"Why the hell are you here? How did you even get in here? I purposely did everything I could so she couldn't see you. You have to leave, or I'm calling security on you. You have no right to be here." Trinity stares at her mum, terrified of what she sees. Her mum has always been nice except for when she bring up One Direction, but she never gets this upset. 

"Mummy, you know Niall?" Melanie ignores her daughter and continues to glare at Niall. 

"Leave, now." 

"Not without her. How could you do such a thing to her? You're suppose to protect her, not injure her to the point where she thinks I'm dead! How could you tell her something like that? I'm the reason she is who she is. She's my daughter and she's coming home with me." Melanie steps forward threateningly, but Niall doesn't budge, not this time. This time, he's fighting twice as hard and is not leaving without his daughter. "So you can either give her to me, legally with consent, or I'm sending your sorry ass back to court, and I'll make sure you understand the word hate. Because once I'm through with you, you'll despise me with every bone in your damn body." Trinity sits on the bed trying to process everything that's being said. So, she's the girl in the picture. It'd make sense as to why it was so easy to talk to him or Zayn for so long and why it's the only reasonable thing to believe. 

"Then you better be ready, because I'll see you in court once again." Trinity shakes her head, which catches Melanie's attention. Melanie sends a smirk to Niall and begins to walk over toward Trinity/ "See, she doesn't even know who you are. She doesn't want to go with you." Melanie goes to place her hand on Trinity's arm, but Trinity pulls away with a disgusted look. Niall notices this action and subtly smiles to himself. 

"No. I want to go with him." Melanie's breath gets caught in her throat once she hears this.

"But baby, you don't even know who he is. Whatever he told you was a lie."

"He told me he was my dad. I may not know him, but I trust him. Why else would he travel all the way from London? Sure as hell not to see you. That's for sure."