Chapter 1 : The Beginning

October 23, 2004

Katherine looked around park, it was nice day but there were only three children playing.

Two girls and a boy, The eldest girl looked to be nine and had long silky brown hair, brown eyes and tan skin.

The boy looked about seven, he had short dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and was the shortest of the three.

Lastly was the other girl, she looked eight, she had long silky black hair, light green eyes, she was pale with rosy cheeks and a high pitch laugh. Katherine smiled to herself she had finally found the girl she was looking for.

Katherine didn't hesitate and walked over to the playing children, she smiled and waved to three.

The oldest protectively stepped in front of her siblings while the girl peeked behind her and the boy started shaking.

"Hello" Katherine said sweetly"Hi" The girl replied sticking her head out from behind her sister.

Her sister hushed her and reminded her they weren't suppose to talk to strangers"Well my name is Katherine, now we're not strangers" Katherine said holding out her hand.

The youngest girl took it and put her small hand inside Katherine's lager one"I'm Olivia, do you want to play?" Olivia asked smiling.

Her rosy cheeks complimented her pale skin while her light green eyes shone with mischief and determination"I would love to" Katherine replied as she followed the small girl to the swings"Olivia!" The eldest girl called"Come on Elena" Olivia wavedThe boy was torn between the two but eventually picked OliviaSighing Elena soon followed"My name is Jeremy" The boy said proudly blushing as he looked at Katherine"What a charming name" Katherine replied never taking her eyes off of Olivia.

"I'm Elena" The oldest child rudely said eyeing KatherineKatherine smiled sweetly at her and began to push Olivia"So Olivia how old are you?" Katherine asked"I'm eight 1/2" Olivia proudly said

Katherine smiled

"I'm seven, and Elena's nine"  Jeremy offered grinning Katherine nodded making a mental note "Where is your mother?" Katherine asked

"She should be here in a minute" 

Elena said staring at Katherine with daggers in her eyes

"A lady should not make that kind of face" Katherine teased

Elena huffed and sat down on a swing beside Jeremy  

Olivia started to giggle as Katherine began to push her "There's mom right there Livy, Jeremy come on time to go" Elena said standing  "But I want to play with Katherine some more" Olivia whined

Katherine chuckled "Don't worry you will" She reassured the young child.

As the three children stood to leave Katherine gave Olivia a folded piece of paper.

"Read this when you get home not before okay" Katherine compelled Olivia nodded before running off to join her other two siblings.