Todd Anderson x Reader - Answer Me This

I was going to title this "5 Nights With Todd Anderson" but I knew you guys were going to believe this was a lemon or something 😂. So, I'm very aware that "x reader"s are intended to be written in your perspective such as "you did this" or "you said that." I have made the mistake of writing as "I did this" or "I did that," partly lessening the effect of an "x reader." Instead of changing the pronouns in my stories,
I chose to be lazy and change the titles to "x reader/random." I apologize for my laziness.
Hope you still enjoy!
-
I recommend you familiarize yourself with the movie's plot before reading if you have forgotten, haven't watched it, etc. This story is based around a major event in the Dead Poets Society movie.
Y/N - Your name, character's name, etc.
~

This was the most difficult day of my life.

My best friend, Neil Perry, had passed away.

Suicide.

He shot himself with a revolver his father owned. Neil was too heartbroken and emotionally pressured to deal with his father's dictation. Neil's father had such a palpable plan for his son's future; attend Welton, continue his education into the medical sciences and become a doctor. His father's plan was so unyielding, Neil crumbled under his father's might and succumbed to the coercion.

While I do believe this was the worst day of my life, I don't believe I was the most impacted.

I believe Todd Anderson, Neil's best friend, had never felt a pain quite like this.

Todd was emotionally hysterical.

I had not been able to comfort him since he isolated himself from anyone and everyone today. Even myself, one of his best friends, had not been able to persuade him to leave his room. His room in Welton was no longer identified as a joyful memory but now, a symbol of grief.

A week or so later, I had received an invitation to Neil's funeral. I was never sure if Todd received an invitation since the Perry family had strong vexations with him. Only forgiveness could save the Perrys now.

Prior to leaving my dorm on the day of the funeral, I briefly studied my outfit in the shared bathroom mirror. Sweeping away wrinkles on my obsidian sheath dress, I took a deep breath. Today was the day we scrutinize our friend's death. After today, he'll be gone for good. After today, his only remaining physical relic will be buried, obscured from our longing eyes.

I coated my lips with a maroon pigment, a tribute to Neil, as this was his favorite lip shade for me.

And Todd.

All I could optimistically anticipate was Todd's presence at the funeral. For he was now my only best friend. I felt a fierce impulse almost like an instinct to enliven Todd's state of mind.

Just as I select a coat and open my door to a breeze of anguish, I jolt at the unpredicted occurrence of Todd shivering in the frame, the hallway proving to be as cold as the keen winter air.

"Todd, what are you doing here? Have you been invited to the funeral?"

Todd flashed me a hurried, inauthentic grin as his stone eyes darted around for an excuse. "I was invited in the end. I-I... Uh, I just wanted to have some company in the car."

I smirked. "Of course, I wanted some company too."

Todd grinned again, this time, it was composed of relief and held a little longer. Delight immersed my mind that I triumphed in enlightening him even just the slightest already.

-Following the Funeral-

Todd's aura he emitted during the funeral made me serene. Though tears were unrelenting and plentiful between the both of us, we seemed to feed off of the appreciation of each other's presence. The day of distraught became somewhat more comprehensible with Todd by my side.