Chapter 1: Ten Years Later

Comincia dall'inizio

When they were gone, Jon walked over to the speeder. He had no desire to try flying it. He knew his dad would ground him for life if he did that. But he really wanted to rest. And this speeder seemed like the perfect spot to do so. He climbed into the cockpit of the speeder. Just as he was about to close his eyes, Jon saw the two droids come out of the cantina. They headed straight for the speeder. Jon started to panic. What should he do? These droids looked friendly enough. But what if they mistook him for a thief? What if they reported him back to the old man? Or, what if the droids told his dad and Chewie? That would be the worse thing ever! Jon quickly jumped out of the cockpit of the speeder, just as the droids came up to him.

"Hi, droids," said Jon. He hoped he didn't sound as scared as he felt.

Jon, you're a Solo,  he thought to himself. Solo's don't scared. Well, at least Dad doesn't. He's the bravest man I know.

"Just so you know, I wasn't trying to steal this speeder," Jon told the droids. "I'm waiting for my dad and my uncle. They went into the cantina, and told me to stay here. I needed a place to rest until they got back. You believe me, don't you? Anyway, what should I call you two droids?"

"I am C-3PO, Human-Cyborg Relations," the protocol droid introduced himself. "And this is my counterpart, R2-D2." The astro droid beeped at the mention of his name. Jon guessed that this was the little droid's way of saying "Hello."

"Nice to meet you both," said Jon. "I'm Jon. Jon Solo. My dad's name is Han Solo. He's captain of the Millennium Falcon, which is the fastest ship in the Galaxy."

" And how do you know the Millennium Falcon  is the fastest ship in the Galaxy?" asked C-3PO.

"Because it's the ship that made the Kessel Ren in less than twelve parsecs," Jon answered, matter-of-factly. "My dad's outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now." As Jon said this, he had no idea that, inside the cantina, his father was saying something very similar to the old man and the boy.

"I don't like the look of this," C-3PO said suddenly. R2-D2 beeped in concern. A pair of Stormtroopers started walking towards the cantina.

"Yeah, this looks pretty bad," said Jon. "We gotta hide."

"But where?" asked 3-PO.

"I don't know," Jon replied. "But I'll think of something." Just then, the old man and the boy came out of the cantina. Jon hoped that his dad and and Chewie would also reappear, but when they didn't, he felt dismayed.

"You'll have to sell your speeder," said the old man.

"That's ok," the boy replied. "I'm never coming back to this planet again."

"Hi," said Jon. The man and boy turned, noticing him for the first time.

"Hello there, little one," the old man said kindly. "Who might you be?"