Dance Partners?

Magsimula sa umpisa

And it begins, I thought as I walked over to my mom's side and got into position. We were practicing some salsa dancing this month, great just great. The music began loud and upbeat and we started moving quickly to the beat. It wasn't as hard as one would think it was, the dances were made up of patterns. Once you learned the patterns you'll know how to dance. It was fairly easy for my mother and I to learn the dances, and when we danced we always attracted a crowd. As I twirled my mom around I caught a films of the new students, I didn't know wether to laugh or to be impressed.

(Y/N) was dancing the girl's part while her mom was dancing the man's part, both keeping up with the song as if was the easiest thing in the world. Did they practice or something? I don't know and I didn't really care, that was until the other students stopped dancing to watch them. They were stealing our spotlight. SHE was stealing MY spotlight. I growled as I picked up the pace and continued dancing with my mom. She was caught off guard as she almost tripped but made a quick recovery and continued dancing. Twirl, turn, step, slide, repeat, that was the pattern. I wasn't going to loose to her, not to a girl who just started dancing.

As I caught my mom I locked eyes with her, (Y/N). I shot a glare at her direction challenging her, and she just smirked, as if accepting my challenge. The song was almost over, and a crowd was around both of us. Heck even the instructor was watching us, looking rather impressed. As the song finished I dipped my mother at the same time (Y/N) was dipped. Both my mom and I were panting and sweating like mad. I turned to the others to see them in the same state as us, (Y/N)'s cheeks flushed a red from the workout.

Suddenly a loud round of applause rang from the crowd around us. My mom smiled widely as she hugged me and said,"I knew you loved these classes Gene!"

The instructor walked up to both of us a smile on their face. "The four of you did excellent! Mrs. (L/N), may I ask where did you and your daughter learn to dance like that?", the instructor asked.

"Us? Well actually I use to teach some dance classes back in our own town, I would bring my daughter along to teach the classes with me," she explained. So that's why they were so good, I thought. I looked at (Y/N) as she took a sip of water from her water bottle her back facing me. She probably sensed she was being stared at because she turned around and locked eyes with again. Confusion was clearly written on her face and titled her head as if asking why I was staring at her. I quickly turned my head back facing my mom, Mrs. (L/N), and the instructor.

"You know, your son and (Y/N) would make great dance partners!", the instructor said as (Y/N) walked back. Wait, what?

"They would, wouldn't they!", my mom exclaimed, clearly liking the idea. I was about to disagree with both of them when (Y/N) started speaking.

"Who would make great dance partners?", she asked. Did she really not hear what the instructor said?

"You and Gene, sweetie! You both would look so cute together!", squealed Mrs. (L/N). (Y/N) just looked at her mom and then at me and back to her mom. I looked at her mom, she was giving us the look. You know that one look that clearly shows how much she wished we were a couple. I looked at my mom, oh shit. She was giving me the look as well. I panicked and looked over at (Y/N) and saw how she was covering her face with her hands. Her face was also red, she was muttering something about how her mom did this to every boy she met.

I cleared my throat grabbing their woman's attentions."I don't date little kids," I bluntly said. It was silent for a couple of seconds, they were just staring at me. Then my mom, the instructor, and Mrs. (L/N) began laughing as (Y/N) just looked pissed off. "What? I'm just being honest," I didn't understand what was so funny.