A Little Pink Toad

Start from the beginning

"That was amazing!" Alicia gushed.

"Yeah, it was incredible!" Angie agreed.

I bow, before snickering to myself. "I have a plan for next class."

All the class is around me, and they all agree. I walk down to the dungeons with Lee, where we partner up.

"Welcome to our new year, where surprisingly, we have students doing NEWT level." Snape introduces himself. "There are two new students here from France, who I would like to congratulate, as they both acquired an O in potions. But, France is different to England! So let's get started."

"Today, we will be making Felix Felicis. Can anyone tell me what this is?" Snape drawls, and I am the only one to raise my hand, however tentatively.

Snape looks around. "Miss Weasley?"

"It is liquid luck. If taken in a small amount, on one day, that day will be extremely luck for them. However, if taken frequently, or in large doses, there are many negative side effects, including impulse, over-confidence, giddiness and rash thinking." I answer, letting out a sigh of relief at finishing it.

"Impressive. 5 points to Gryffindor." Snape remarks, before continuing, ignoring everyone's surprised (or shocked) faces.

I read the instructions on the board.
Cut Beegles heart, drop into boiling water, stir clockwise three times.
Add mushed Felicity, followed by three drops of Hinet.
Follow with a cut up Frog Spawn, and stir anti-clockwise. The steam should be a light brown at this stage.

I look down at my cauldron, and it was indeed at light brown. I breathe I sigh of relief.

Add a sprig of peppermint, and mix it with honey. Stir clockwise eight times.

I frown at these instructions. They weren't the same as the French ones. I change it slightly, crushing the peppermint, before mixing it with the honey. Then I stir it anti-clockwise seven times.

Lee looks at me confusedly. "It is wrong!" I mouth, as Lee nods, simply deciding to just go with it.

Add in a hippogriffs feather, and stir clockwise once. Cool and leave to be inspected.

I finish, as look down at our potion again. It is a molten gold colour, and seems completely cool. Lee seems to be in awe.

"Jesus Lexi, you were right-"

Poor Lee gets interrupted by Snape, who has stormed down to look at our potion. Shockingly, a look of surprise overcomes his face.

"That is flawless...." Snape utters, before turning to us. "10 points to Gryffindor each, for making an extremely complex potion. Class dismissed."

We leave the classroom, and Fred and George catch up with us.

"Heard you got 15 points from Snape." Fred asks.

"Yeah, and how did Lee get ten again? I am pretty sure after the shampoo incident, that he hate you." George inquires.

"That is the most points Snape has given any house other than Slytherin in years!" Angie and Alicia remark in awe.

"Seeing as I am Snape's new favourite student, I feel some pranking is in order." I grin mischievously, but for some reason, Fred and George are quite.