Chapter 19 - Advancement and Conflicts

Start from the beginning

I must have a noticeably concerned expression because Ruby walks up to me and pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Hey Davina, you okay?" She asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Huh? Oh...yeah, I just...I can't find Regina, and she was supposed to meet me because we might finally have a way for me to end what I started with the Devil...have you seen her?"

"Actually, no...she was supposed to meet Henry for cocoa at Granny's but...I didn't see her."

I sigh, "Do you know where else I might find her?"

"Well, if she's not at Granny's, or Archie's...try her house or the library. I might not like her, but I like you, and you're trying to save us so...I hope you find her."

"Thank you," I say, smiling. "Can you let me know if you hear or see anything? Just send me a message."

"Sure," she nods.

I check the library and there's no sign of her. I even check Gold's shop. Still, nothing. Instead of worried, I'm angry. Furious. If anyone has gotten in my way...let's just say I have a lot of negative emotions built up inside me, and the next person to get in my way will be the first to feel them. And I have an idea of who it might be.

On the way to Regina's, I see Emma and her family walking in the same direction. They must know what's going on. I run over to them.

"Are you looking for Regina too?"

Emma turns to me, "Yeah, do you know where she is?"

Really, Emma, what did I just say? "I wouldn't have asked if I knew where she was," I say, slightly more irritable than I intend to be.

"Do you even know what she planned to do? Do you have any idea what she was going to do to us? To you? Probably not considering you're so busy being naïve with trusting her," Emma snaps.

I open my mouth to reply, but Snow stops me by interrupting, "We don't have time for this! We need to find her. Arguing is pointless!"

I huff and walk to Regina's home first. I frown as I realise that the door is open; I push it to swing open wider and step in. Behind me, I hear guns click, ready to shoot.

I turn, "Is that really necessary?" I whisper.

"Just go," Emma whispers back.

I roll my eyes, and pull my sword out from under my coat; I hold it out ready in front of me and begin silently side-stepping further into her house. Something is off. I take this as a sign to stay alert. Soon, we walk into her mayoral office and...it's empty. We relax, putting our weapons down.

"Okay, you guys can come in!" Emma shouts to Snow and Henry, who comes jogging in.

"Where is she?" Snow asks.

"Not here...obviously," I mutter.

"Mom, when you find her, you're not going to hurt her, right?" Henry asks Emma.

I look at her, wanting to know her answer, but then I see something else in the corner.

"What's that?" I ask.

They all look at me, and Emma sighs.

"That's a magic bean vine. And the beans she stole from us," Charming replies.

"What?" I say, confused.

"Regina was planning to take the beans and Henry and travel back to the Enchanted Forest after triggering her 'fail-safe' which is a device that will destroy Storybook and everyone left behind," Emma explains bluntly. "Including you."