Chapter 19 - Advancement and Conflicts

Start from the beginning

"Only why you care so much."

"Because Regina is my friend. Even though she was the one who locked me away, she helped me transition into this world. I woke up after being in an eighteen-year coma extremely confused and she helps me understand how things work. And Henry is like a little brother to me. Regina loves him more than anything, and he didn't believe that until recently. She wanted to change for him. She wants to protect him, help him, save him, anything, because underneath the Evil Queen, she is good. I'm not going to let everything she's changed become undone just because her mother wants something," I know Cora doesn't care, but she needs to hear it.

"That's not all, is it?" She says.

"No. Regina is helping me, and I'm helping her."

"How exactly?"

"I need to protect this town from evil far worse than you. Now that magic is here, this town is at risk. The people are at risk. And if you think that I'm going to let you swoop in and slow the progress we've made down...think again. Just because I couldn't hold my end of a deal up on time, doesn't mean other people have to suffer."

"What could be so urgent that a...child has to be the saviour?"

"Because this child just so happens to be bound by a deal created by someone ruthless and has been one of the only ones to escape his grasp, but the longer I drag this deal out for, the worse the consequences may be. So, Cora, are you prepared to make a deal with me?"

"As long as I get to see and be with Regina, then yes."

I take a deep breath, "If you leave Regina alone, just until she's helped me get out of here to complete this deal, then I won't interfere with you reuniting with her. But you cannot force her to undo her changes, and you will not tell Hook I'm here and where I'm going."

"Which is where? If you want me to agree, then I need to know."

"Neverland. He will stop me, but this is something I have to do. I don't want to, but if it means keeping Pan away from here, I'll do it."

Cora's silent. She looks me up and down, takes a deep breath, studies me for a moment. "So, I stay away until you leave so I can see my daughter?"

"It's that simple," I say.

"And if I don't?" She asks.

"Let's just say...it won't be me you'll be dealing with."

She steps towards me, holds our her hand and looks me in the eye, "Deal."

- - -

I don't know how, but the next few days flash passed. One minute, Cora is making a deal with me, the next she's dead. Hook ended up in hospital, someone came into Storybrooke, which means that the possibility of us being exposed has just increased dramatically. Belle has no memory of her real life, only her Storybook life as 'Lacey'. A giant, ironically nicknamed 'Tiny' destroyed quite a bit of the town but then redeemed himself...somehow, I don't know. Baelfire arrived - or rather 'Neal' here in the 'real' world - who, it turns out, is Henry's father and Rumplestiltskin's son and was brought back after Emma, Henry, and Gold visited New York to track him down, leading to Gold being stabbed by my uncle's poisoned hook, causing Snow to save his life which led to Cora's death. So, as usual, everything is still very complicated. And I still have no ship. But that is going to change.

- - -

Today is the day I'm getting my ship back. If my map marking is correct, it should be in the exact place I located it. Eric is currently setting up his boat to take me out to the location, so I can dive down and search the ship. Regina said she would come with me, but no one's seen her for a while. I walk down Main Street, and along into Granny's, to see if she's maybe with Henry — but nothing. I go to Dr Hopper's, and again, nothing. I'm confused. She was supposed to meet me at my house, and she's never late. I wait an extra ten minutes, but Regina's a no-show. I start getting worried, and I shouldn't be, considering she's a dark-magic-wielding, powerful, evil queen who cast a curse that transported us all here. She's fine. She can handle herself. But I can't shake it. I have a feeling that something is seriously wrong and because of this, I've taken my sword everywhere. Even though Regina is an adult with magical powers, I'm worried about her. She's my friend. Almost like family. She looked after me, even though she locked me up in the first place, but she's been my biggest help. Even though stole from her, and managed to keep it a secret all this time, we trust each other, and we've done a lot together to protect this town. Everyone in the town helps as much as they can, but Regina knows me more than anyone, and so she's all the help I need. We've managed to get this far, and I'm not going to stop now. Frankly, I'm tired of something stopping us. I just want to finalise this stupid deal and be rid of Pan. When I first arrived, and Regina told me there was no way to leave, I've been trying to forget Neverland and everything to do with it, and yet, here I am, determined to get back. It's one of those things you can never get rid of. He's one of those things you can never get rid of.