Chapter 2

Cath couldn't help but feel hurt by what Octavia had said but she tried not to let it show, as she headed over to Reagan and Wren's room on the floor below. Obviously, Octavia didn't know that she was Magicath. She had the right to her own opinion on Cath's fan fiction anyway, even though Cath didn't want to admit that to herself she knew it was true.

Cath knocked on Wren and Reagan's door. "Come in!" she heard Wren call from the other side of the door. Cath opened the door. "Hi" she looked over at Reagan's bed and desk, she must have unpacked earlier that afternoon, quite messy, just like she remembered from last year. Wren noticed that Cath was looking at Reagan's mess; a red tartan shirt and black leggings strewed across the bed along with all kinds of makeup items.

"She's not really the neatest, is she," said Wren grinning. Cath didn't smile back; instead, she sat down on Wren's bed as her sister unpacked her clothes. "It feels weird to be back doesn't it?" said Wren trying to start a conversation. "Yeah, I guess." Cath smiled but it was a pretty pathetic smile. "Cath, look I know that you're upset that there was a mix-up and you wanted to be with Reagan..."

"Or you," Cath added.

"Thanks, but your new roommate, is she nice?" Wren asked inquisitively.

"Yes." She sort of lied. She was probably nice, Cath wasn't really a fan of her though just yet. She hoped that they might get along better after they got to know each other. She hoped, anyway.

Cath lay down on Wren's bed as her sister carried on unpacking. They didn't talk for a few minutes but the quiet was quite refreshing.

"Have you seen Levi?" Cath really wanted to see him.

"Oh, I forgot, he came in earlier looking for you when Reagan was here."

"Do you know where he is now?"

"He stayed for a while but then I think he told Reagan that he'd be down by the courtyard." Cath turned onto her side to look at Wren.

"Sorry I'm a bit grumpy. Octavia thinks that Magicath is boring and annoying."

"Aw Cath, I'm sorry. You know I love your fanfic, as do thousands of other people." Cath could tell that Wren felt bad for her.

"It's fine. I don't really mind. It's just the way she said it sort of bothered me." Cath smirked a little when she thought of Octavia telling her how she didn't like listening to her Simon and Baz fanfic.

"She just doesn't appreciate the world of Simon Snow." Cath smiled as she sat up.

"And Baz..." Wren replied smiling back.

"And Baz."

"I'm going to go find Levi before it gets dark," said Cath looking out the window at the calm, afternoon sun.

"Sure. See you tomorrow maybe and good luck with your roommate." Wren winked as Cath left the room closing the door behind her.

Cath stood at the side of a beautiful old archway covered in ivy. There was Levi, leaning (of course) against the side of the archway opposite her.

She walked slowly across the courtyard, it was empty except for her and Levi. He and Reagan had met up with Cath a couple of times in the Summer and Levi had come to stay at Cath's house for two nights, however, all of the meet-ups had happened in July so she hadn't seen either of them for a while.

Cath had butterflies. She stopped. Maybe she should wait until later to see him.

'No, I am going to talk to Levi' she told herself as Cath wandered over to Levi, standing in front of him. Levi took a second to process and then gave Cath a huge smile.

"Cather!"

He hugged her and she wriggled her arm out from beneath his grip to hug him back.

"Hi Levi" She felt awkward but she sensed that Levi didn't one bit, as usual.

"How was your August? I last saw you in July."

"It was rather uneventful." she smiled back.

Cath looked at the floor wondering why she was nervous. She noticed that Levi was admiring her eyes. As she looked up, Levi glanced at her lips. "May I?" he requested Cath's permission.

"You may," she answered.

She tilted her head up slightly and met his lips, pushing her hand up his neck to hold the back of his head. Levi's hand drifted down her back to hold her waist, pulling her in. He moved in and out gently, his lips against hers. They turned around a bit and Cath leaned her back against the side of the archway. His lips were warm but his back felt cold. Levi pulled back and looked at Cath's hair as he swept some that hung in front of her face behind her ear. Cath bit her lip, but she didn't feel nervous anymore.

Levi looked down at Cath's hand and twisted his hand into hers so they locked together.

"I really like you Cather." she smiled.

"I really like you."

____________________

I hope that you enjoyed reading.

Please leave a comment to tell me what you think.

Also, these characters, (except Octavia) and setting belong to the lovely Rainbow Rowell and according to Cath, I'm just 'borrowing' them.

Thank you.