The Wedding

She was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, and her personality was the most amazing thing he had ever met. She was his best friend and had been since they could walk.

Their friendship was stronger than than strong, it was infinite, a friendship that would last for eternity. It was built on hardships, both of their fathers had died in the war; her mother had died of cancer and his died from grief. They had leaned on one another and had helped each other through the loss.

For the past 26 years of their lives they had leaned on one another through the good times and bad times, sharing in the joy and sorrow. She was a famous actress and singer, and he had helped her struggle through the stress of fame and the gossip; he was a professional athlete and his right leg had been amputated. Sometimes he still had the memory of feeling in it, and it hurt but she was there, she was always there for him. She made the pain bearable.

It was all these things that made him unable to stop the pain as his heart broke on this glorious day with the sun shining, birds singing and the sweet fragrance of the flowers. She was marrying another man, another singer, who had become a good friend of his. Even though he was happy for them, for her, he still couldn't stop a part of himself from dying.

If anyone asked, he would say they were tears of joy, even though they were really tears of anguish as his oldest friend married someone else.

When he saw her looking at the groom, he knew that she was without a doubt in love with him. And why shouldn't she? The groom was the music to her soul, every lyric he wrote was a perfect match to her every dream, thought, and action. They were soul and spirit, bound together for eternity. He, on the other hand, was just a helpless victim to the beauty of it all, a beauty that crushed him with his own emotions of love.

They say you only find true love once, and his true love was marrying another man. He could feel his smile wavering as he thought how he would never be able to express the extent of his love, how he would never find someone to love they way he loved her.

Oh, the indescribable pain, and yet he would live with it, he would learn to cope with it, he would conceal it, he would suffer this personal hell a thousand times over, for her happiness. He would die a death more painful than any the Devil could give him, over and over for eternity for her, because the one thing that was stronger than his pain, was his love for her.

And he would love her forever.