Some rustling drew my attention back to where I had seen the black wolf disappear into it. Then a man came into view. But not just any man, a beautiful man. He was dressed in jeans and...well that was about it. As he came closer I saw his dirty dark brown hair was disheveled and just as matted as his fur had been. But those eyes that evaded mine were the same. They were that same fathomless green that that looked like creamy jade. His body was toned and athletic but that was marked by bloody claw marks and bites all over his exposed torso. He seemed to still be dizzy as he walked back to me who was left stunned on the porch.

I mentally forced myself to reattach my jaw before licking my suddenly dry lips. God, this was wrong.

No lusting over the injured wolf-man. I scolded at myself.

Finally he came to a stop before me at porch’s stairs looking at me with sad eyes. Like he expected me to be freaked out and shoot him with a sliver bullet. Wait, I internally wondered, would that even work?

Focus!

Right, I have to focus now. I have to say something. Something…. soothing.

“Um…” was all I could manage.

Well, so much for soothing.

His head shot up and his eyes bore into mine. He stood there staring at me. Apparently my lackluster word vomit didn’t compel him to speak. So, I lowered my gaze to my hands in my lap, trying to ignore the voice in my head screaming for me to look up again. No can do, voice in my head, I needed to focus on a competent sentence. But all I could come up with was:

“So, that was unexpected.”

To my surprise I heard him chuckle. I looked up to see his eyes softened into amusement. Then pain as the movement seemed to remind him of his injuries.

“I am being a horrible bitch right now aren’t I?” I gasped.

“No.” he said, making me melt at the sound of his voice.

“You’re injured. You can sit down you know. I mean I don’t want to make you more in pain or anything. I’m sorry. You make me very nervous and I’m word vomiting everywhere.” I said so quick I almost doubt he heard it.

Again he chuckled and I peeked through my lashes to look at him. Suddenly the chuckling stopped and he groaned.

“Please don’t look at me like that.”

I immediately panicked and averted my eyes. “Uh, sorry.”

“No, it’s just you look so...god this is not how I pictured this going.” He sighed the last part and ran a hand over his face. “I’m sorry. I’ve been trying to thinking of a coherent thought and that look wasn’t helping.”

I suddenly felt a blush. “T-That’s forgivable.”

The Nobodies * Original Version*जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें