Chapter One- Theo Wilson

I know it's been a while since i've updated. This is a new story I just recently started working on. I would love some feedback! I don't have a cover or anything so if someone wanted to make one, you may get a dedication ;) Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

xx Elizabeth

I had always hated flying. You would think i'm used to it by now, with the amount of flying my family does throughout the year. Yet, I still hated it. It felt unnatural. Plus, I could never get any sleep. I was never that person who could just close my eyes and be out. Whenever I tried to sleep on planes I would always get stuck at that halfway point. The point where you're not technically asleep because you can still hear everything but at the same point you're just kind of out of it. That was my current state of mind at the moment.

"Sir, you need to put your seat up. We're landing." The young flight attendant said while gently shaking my shoulder. Lazily, I sat up and put my seat in the forward position, thankful that we were landing soon. Glancing out the window, I realized just how good it felt to be back in the Pacific Northwest. Sure it was dark out and I couldn't see much, but I could still see the raindrops streaking across the small window. I never realized quite how much I had missed home. Arizona couldn't compare to the Northwest. I had missed the snow capped mountains, the thick evergreen forests. Hell, I had even missed the constant downpour of rain. Nothing could compare to the Pacific Northwest, nothing at all.

The plane landed within the next twenty minutes. The jolt of landing always was my favorite part. I loved the tiny moment of anticipation, waiting to feel the wheels touch the tarmac. As soon as the seatbelt light turned off most of the cabin stood and tried to get their bags. I sat patiently, never truly understanding why people did that. All it accomplished was making you wait while standing in a tiny isle with a crooked neck.

After getting off, I pulled my phone from my back pocket and called James. He was my ride.

"Yeah?" James answered his phone.

"Heading to baggage claim now." I answered while hitching my backpack further up on my shoulder. I ended the call and put my phone back in my pocket. There was no need to say goodbye. Both James and I were men of few words.

James had been my friend for quite some time. We grew up down the street from one another, played on the same sports teams in high school, our families went to church together, James was more like a brother to me. I was thankful we were able to keep in contact throughout college despite us being states apart. James had opted to stay in the Pacific Northwest for his schooling. He attended a smaller private university in Oregon, whereas I had gotten a scholarship to play soccer down in Arizona.

After picking up my bag in baggage claim I stepped outside to the curb and waited. I took a deep breath and once again I was thankful to be back. There was nothing like this place, even the air felt different. I used to hate living here with the constant rain, but at this moment I couldn't be more thankful for the downpour. It felt like home. It was as if, the sky knew I was coming back home and it rained just for me; the rain was like a hug from the sky, as cheesy as that sounds.

"Theo! Man it's good to see you!" James said getting out of his car and giving me a quick hug.

"It's good to be back, man." I replied, tossing my suitcase and backpack in his trunk.

"New car?" I asked admiring the Audi. James smirked.

"Hell yeah, the old man got it for me as a 'reward' for my grades." James laughed. His family was totally loaded. I let out a "niceeeee" as I buckled and got comfortable.

"How was the flight? Good, I hope?" James said as we left the airport and passed the PDX sign.

"Yeah it was okay, i'm exhausted though." I replied and glanced at the clock. The red numbers on the dash read 11:03. The ride back to James' school was about 45 minutes, mainly filled with light chatter and easy listening music.