Jared's Dirty Little Secret

Pairing: Jared Leto x GenderNeutral!Reader

Request: Hii!! Can you please make an imagine where y/n and jared have been together for 6 years and he finds out that he has a child that is 4 years old so y/n breaks up with jared for cheating on her? Thank you soooooo much, I'm a really big fan of your work

Words: 1,884 (Shorter than I normally do, I know. I'm sorry, I couldn't find much inspiration for this one :\ Also, I know the title sucks. I'm sorry! >-< )

Warnings: Swearing, Cheating

Have you ever known or been with someone for so long that you literally could not picture your life without them? just waking up knowing that you would hear from or see them that day. Having a person that you knew you could count on. One you knew you could trust with your life.

That's how you felt about Jared. The two of you had been together for six years now and you cherished every moment of it. All the laughs, tears, screams; even the silence. Of course, it wasn't always like that. In fact, the two of you despised the other when you first met. Neither of you really knew why you had just chosen not the like each other.

But having mutual friends, the two of you were often forced to hang out together. You rarely would speak to each other, but just being around him and hearing his voice and seeing the way he reacted to certain things caused you to soon turn those feelings of dislike into something much more. Luckily, Jared felt the same way.

Most doubted you two would last a month, but here you are, six years later, and more in love than before. The two of you were the power couple of your friends and you wouldn't have it any other way.

You smiled at the thought as you unlocked the door to yours and Jared's shared home. When you entered you saw Jared sitting on the couch with a troubled look on his face. This wasn't uncommon as Jared usually stressed over the smallest of things. However, today his frown seemed more prominent than others.

You happily walked over to him, placing a kiss on his cheek before sitting next to him. "How was your day?" You asked.

He rubbed his face before looking towards your feet. His mouth open, but no words being formed. Just when you were about to ask what was bothering him, he spoke. "I need to talk to you." He said as he grabbed your hand and held it in his lap.

"What's wrong?" Your brows were now furrowed in worry.

"Do you, um, remember our first big fight? Where I stormed off and we didn't really talk for a few days?" He asked, his voice soft.

"Yeah. I thought we were done for." You let out the ghost of a laugh, trying to lighten the mood. "Why?"

He was quiet again. Almost as if picking out his words. "Well, um, that night, I, uh," another pause. "I-I was unfaithful." He squeezed your hand as he finally looked up at you. The pain and remorse clear in his red eyes.

You sat silent. You didn't know how to respond. That fight was over four years ago. Should you be angry? Upset? Both? The thought of yelling at him came to mind, but you kept your voice equal with his as you spoke. "Why are you telling me this now?"

He let out a struggled sight, bringing his hands up to his face as he wiped his eyes. "Because she called me today. Apparently, I had gotten her pregnant." You could feel one of his tears fall from his face and hit your hand. "I have a four-year-old son." He almost whispered as he broke his gaze from yours to wipe his eyes again. He looked back at you, but you had turned your attention to the coffee table in front of you. "I'm so sorry, (Y/N). I'm sorry for not telling you sooner and for sleeping with her in the first place. I'm sorry for getting you into this."